Corsair Community

Is vs450 80+ not good enough for gaming?

akb48korin

i was looking to upgrade my gaming rig to gtx 1060 and had to upgrade my PSU so i decided to look for 450w PSU and finally found VS450 80+ certified, i wasn't googling this PSU first because i was pretty sure this should be good as it's corsair product.

problem is i left disappointed after i reach home and google this PSU, a lot of people on the internet forums (really, a lot) said that this PSU is not good enough, even very bad as it is considered tier 4 PSU for my daily gaming needs especially on a higher end specs.

so i finally decide to create an account here and ask this on corsair forum, is vs450 really that bad for gaming?? tell me your honest opinion if this is enough for gaming, biased or not.

Although, I would say that it will be acceptable, it's borderline with no headroom for the future. I had a Corsair HX520W which worked just fine for my system, but since I wanted a very quiet system, I recently upgraded to a RM650i. I have a GTX 1050Ti, and based on the power calculators I ran, the 650 was plenty even if I had a GTX1080Ti. I would have got a RM750i for even more headroom, but the miners made them unavailable at the time.

Archived