Corsair Community

Corsair LPX 16gb 3000mHz : One module not recognised.

takfarinas

Hey guys

So i recently installed a set of Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000mhz into my new pc with the following spec:

Asus ROG Strix X370 F-Gaming

AMD Ryzen 1800X

Asus Dual 1060 6GB

RAM kit:

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/RAM/DDR4/Dual+Channel+3000MHz/16GB+%282x8GB%29+Corsair+Vengeance+LPX+3000MHz+DDR4+Memory+?productId=69525

CMK16GX4M2D3000C16

Above is the product code/info.

Unfortunately only one module is being recognised. I suspect one is faulty or damaged. With two in the computer does not boot to BIOS. With the one good one it boots all the way fine. With the other it does not boot even to BIOS.

I imagine that since with one of them it boots fine the other one is a dud? What would the scope for me having damaged it while installing? I take the normal precautions associated with memory and nothing appeared awry in the installation process.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

takfarinas

• Corsair Employee
Hey guys

So i recently installed a set of Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000mhz into my new pc with the following spec:

Asus ROG Strix X370 F-Gaming

AMD Ryzen 1800X

Asus Dual 1060 6GB

RAM kit:

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/RAM/DDR4/Dual+Channel+3000MHz/16GB+%282x8GB%29+Corsair+Vengeance+LPX+3000MHz+DDR4+Memory+?productId=69525

CMK16GX4M2D3000C16

Above is the product code/info.

Unfortunately only one module is being recognised. I suspect one is faulty or damaged. With two in the computer does not boot to BIOS. With the one good one it boots all the way fine. With the other it does not boot even to BIOS.

I imagine that since with one of them it boots fine the other one is a dud? What would the scope for me having damaged it while installing? I take the normal precautions associated with memory and nothing appeared awry in the installation process.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

takfarinas

Hey, please get with the vendor for an exchange on the kit.

-Art

Archived