Corsair Community

iCUE v3.4.95 Lighting Profiles Go to Rainbow on Lock Screen

kilstain

My PC is in the same room I sleep in so I set the lights to black when I lock the computer. With ICue when the PC goes to the lock screen my 3 LL fans (Lighting Node Pro) and H150 Pro go into rainbow mode. This isn't an issue with Cue/Link. Any ideas?

My PC is in the same room I sleep in so I set the lights to black when I lock the computer. With ICue when the PC goes to the lock screen my 3 LL fans (Lighting Node Pro) and H150 Pro go into rainbow mode. This isn't an issue with Cue/Link. Any ideas?

I cant speak to the fans, but unless you prevent lock mode and keep it on and turn your monitor off, or just turn your pc off, i dont think there is a fix? would love to know if there is a fix

I cant speak to the fans, but unless you prevent lock mode and keep it on and turn your monitor off, or just turn your pc off, i dont think there is a fix? would love to know if there is a fix

Disabling the lock is a bad idea. The PC is also my media server and runs 24/7. I appreciate the suggestions though. I'm guessing I'll just have to uninstall iCUE again and go back to Cue/Link as they seem to work fine when locked.

iCUE has no support for cooler/Commander Pro/LNP device memory. It will override any color settings you have saved to those devices when it looses contact with the software, quit, lock, boot, wake, etc. That is something I would like to see change in near future and was present in Link.

However, I am surprised the LL ever behaved on the lock screen with Link. The LL fans need to be in contact with the software to do their thing, or they default to their demo mode/rainbow color scheme. Regardless, you may be better off going back to Link/CUE. for a while. I do the same at times, particularly when I need to run without that software and don't want to get hit with rainbows in the face.

iCUE has no support for cooler/Commander Pro/LNP device memory. It will override any color settings you have saved to those devices when it looses contact with the software, quit, lock, boot, wake, etc. That is something I would like to see change in near future and was present in Link.

Good to know. I'd like to see that change as well.

However, I am surprised the LL ever behaved on the lock screen with Link. The LL fans need to be in contact with the software to do their thing, or they default to their demo mode/rainbow color scheme. Regardless, you may be better off going back to Link/CUE. for a while. I do the same at times, particularly when I need to run without that software and don't want to get hit with rainbows in the face.

I just set a static black color with the brightness down on the LL fans and the H150i in Link and it seems to stay when the computer locks and the screens turn off.

• Like 1

I will have to test this out and see if I am getting the same issue with the locked screen. I kind of pity the devs. With a system like this, there are so many variables and a good portion of the clients expect that it should work as well as an app in a closed ecosystem like iOS.

It's actually by design. I'd like to see it changed as well.

Yeah I see this issue as well. It also changes my K70 keyboard to the default memory profile. It seems like the lock screen locks something with the USB devices. It is obvious that the keyboard is till working, though something is locking it out.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah I see this issue as well. It also changes my K70 keyboard to the default memory profile. It seems like the lock screen locks something with the USB devices. It is obvious that the keyboard is till working, though something is locking it out.

Is Corsair working on this? very very big bug in my opinion! at the very least should have a setting to allow iCue to "run" (or whatever Link did) when computer is locked.

Is Corsair working on this? very very big bug in my opinion! at the very least should have a setting to allow iCue to "run" (or whatever Link did) when computer is locked.

From what I understand, they are looking at a solution for this.

Technically, it's not a bug as it's "by design" and "to spec". However, I would agree that the spec wasn't quite right in this case. I'd like to see a solution to this as well.

From what I understand, they are looking at a solution for this.

Technically, it's not a bug as it's "by design" and "to spec". However, I would agree that the spec wasn't quite right in this case. I'd like to see a solution to this as well.

I agree. It's pretty annoying having to use outdated software. I'm still holding off buying a Commander Pro and another 6 LL fans until it's fixed. :[pouts:

If they're really against having an active USB connection on the lock screen (I think that's what I read, could be wrong) I would even be ok with a new version of the lighting node pro that can have a lighting profile saved to it like the keyboards can. Call it the Lighting Node Pro+.:D: Though I think it would probably be easier and cheaper just to implement it like it is in Link.

• 3 weeks later...
Tried running the iCue service as local system so that it doesn't require a user log in?

The Corsair Service is already running as Local System. This is a known issue and no amount of messing with the service will resolve it. It's in the queue for Corsair to address but there's no word on the timeframe.

Edited by DevBiker

Just replaced Link w/ the newest version of iCue in anticipation of my new K70 MK 2 coming tomorrow. Glad I found this thread, not a fan of all my LED's doing the default rainbow at start-up until the software loads.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and any changelogs for upcoming versions. As always you guys are great w/ the info and responses in these forums!

If you go to Default Profile and then click the little "Save static lighting to device", it should turn off most of the lights when you lock your computer.

That only work on specific devices. It doesn't work - at all - on the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

Was there an ETA on when this would be fixed? I would switch back to LINK but it doesn't seem to offer color control for my Vengeance Pro RGB DIMMs. Even that would be better than getting blinded by rainbows every time I leave my computer locked at night.

Was there any other workaround like SIV?

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this issue after installing some Lightloop fans and Corsair ledstrips. I had the Hydro h150i pro rgb earlier, but as I was using Corsai Link with it, didn't have any problems. Now that I installed and tried iCUE, this lock screen behaviour was driving me crazy. Thanks to info on this thread I reverted to using Link just to avoid the rainbow effect while locked, but now I feel like all the leds are not utilised as much as they could be.

Was going to change my ram to a set of Vengeance Pro RGB dimms, but will wait until this "problem" is solved.

• 2 weeks later...
The Vengeance Pro RGB DIMMs are the only corsair lighting product that doesn't exhibit the 'reset to rainbow on lock' behavior for me, you may be ok there.

Oh, that's good to know. Although, it doesn't make a big difference when rest of the lighting products (4 LL fans + 4 Strips) are blasting full on rainbow colors.

It would be nice to have an update for iCue to fix this issue, or even an answer if Corsair is going to do something about this.

E: Just read the Patch notes -thread. Apparently they are working on this issue on some level.

Edited by Tressi

• 2 weeks later...

Same annoying problem, but with only one of the two RAMs! Hmm...

I use a Gigabyte Aorus motherboard and 2 Vengeance RGB RAMs.

I control the LED of my system from Gigabyte's software, except the keyboard and mouse which I control from iCue. However on night I leave the PC on (mining) and since I updated to iCue one RAM DIMM is going rainbow mode when I lock my PC. I don't want to leave it unlocked and have a key pressed by accident the morning when I leave for work.

On top of that I've configured my keyboard and mouse so that they turn black (RGB off) when I lock my system (I used their hardware memory for that). It's strange that only 1 DIMM is going rainbow mode while the other is black, but still... isn't there any way to force iCue to ignore the RAM? Registry tweaks included!