Corsair Community

Ticking sound from GPU fan

safaex

Hi!

I'm a new owner of a One Pro Ti version. Instantly noticed a ticking noise. Low volume but very sharp that is dominant during idle and low load but still loud enough to be heard even several meters away. Pretty unbearable after a while. I localised it to the GPU fan by force stopping it with my finger when powered on, which stopped the ticking.

I wonder if it would be possible to release the GPU without voiding the warranty. If so I'm pretty sure I could change the fan myself if Corsair could send a spare.

Doing my best to NOT have to send my new crisp computer away. :bigeyes:

• Corsair Employee
Hi!

I'm a new owner of a One Pro Ti version. Instantly noticed a ticking noise. Low volume but very sharp that is dominant during idle and low load but still loud enough to be heard even several meters away. Pretty unbearable after a while. I localised it to the GPU fan by force stopping it with my finger when powered on, which stopped the ticking.

I wonder if it would be possible to release the GPU without voiding the warranty. If so I'm pretty sure I could change the fan myself if Corsair could send a spare.

Doing my best to NOT have to send my new crisp computer away. :bigeyes:

I'm sorry to hear that. judging from what you have described, it's best to get it replaced. If you just got it from a re-seller, it's best to replace it through them. Sorry to be the one to tell you this.

Ah, okay, thanks for the swift reply. Got an answer on my ticket. I think I'll RMA through you directly anyway since I can get the replacement before i send in my old one.

Best regards

Archived