Corsair Community

P128 Firmware Version Correct and trim enabled

Cotru

For those of you wondering if your P128 drive has latest firmware, I would suggest that you check your drive with Crystal Disk Info first and not assume that it is version VBM18C1Q. I discovered the hard way that my drive which was just purchased within the last month came with the latest version VBM19C1Q installed. There was no information on Corsair site saying the drive was now Trim enabled as it should have and I couldn't find any threads saying the same. It would be helpful if Corsair would update their product description.

I found plenty of threads describing how to update P128 to version VBM19C1Q using DOS Bootable USB drive and the DSRD tool from Samsung. If you go to Corsair FAQ page and look under SSD-Related FAQ you will see that they still list the old firmware version as the current one offered. On their P128 product Overview they don't mentioned at all that the drive is already shipping from them with the latest firmware. If I had known this I wouldn't have wasted my time with the Ultimate Bootable USB Flash Drive Tool which didn't work for my system or creating another bootable drive using Win98. None of these solutions would work on a 64 bit, Win 7 laptop I have. All they have to say is "Performance Series now Trim enabled in Win 7". I'm sure that many people like myself have better things to do than sift through forums looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Which firmware version is installed on P-Series drives?

A » Corsair P-Series SSDs ship with the latest currently available firmware. The latest version is firmware VBM18C1Q.

We come to forums to learn, share and assist. When I bought the P128 I looked at other drives first and since I am a big fan of Corsair over the years, decided to go with them. I didn't know much about SSD's and had to rely on product descriptions and reviews. One of the big issues is performance over time and I could see that Trim and Garbage are important issues to consider. I naturally assumed that Corsair would have this covered but found that some of their drives were stating they had trim and others not. I wanted to know for sure and now I do, thanks to this forum and people like you.

Archived