Corsair Community

HS1 broke within 8 hours

Rick White

Just wanted to write about how extremely disappointed I am with your HS1 headphones. Considering they cost me $85 I had assumed they would last longer than 8 hours without breaking.

- First off the "noise canceling" features of the microphone was a joke. It picked up every tiny noise around the room. The only way to prevent this is you have to lower the volume so much that you have to speak loudly into the microphone. Blatant false advertising. There was ZERO noise canceling.

- Second there was a constant hum in the background of the microphone. I Googled it and it seems fairly common problem. Very loud hum that made audio recording useless. We have owned mics on 20 dollar headsets that worked better.

- Third, and here is the kicker, the mic arm broke within 8 hours. It now spins freely and hangs limp. It didn't even last past Xmas day. Less than 8 hours.

My alarm bells went off when I first opened the packaging and saw the big red warning paper insert stating that I can't return them to the store. In all 45 years of buying consumer electronic never once have I been told I can't return them to the store. Sadly, I see why now.

Long time Corsair buyer. Or should I say "was".

• 2 weeks later...

- Third, and here is the kicker, the mic arm broke within 8 hours. It now spins freely and hangs limp. It didn't even last past Xmas day. Less than 8 hours.

The same thing happend to my headset after 3-4 weeks, even though I was extremely careful with the headset:\.

Archived