Corsair Community

New K70 (newb question)

Maunder

My apologies if this is somewhere in FAQ or elsewhere that I missed.

I bought a K70 today and following the instructions set it up, no real issues, worked as soon as I plugged it in. Very pretty red.

But when I downloaded the profile utility it would not detect the device.

Following other instructions I downloaded the latest firmware, reboot, and plugged in the keyboard (single cord into a USB 3.0 port).

Still no joy and I am wondering if there is something that I might be doing wrong or if this is a known bud. I dont want to do anything fancy just change the basic key colours.

Sincerely

Assuming that this is a K70 RGB you're talking about,...

There's alot of threads that can help in this section of the forums, but maybe I can save ya a little searching...

The utility is still having issues with certain people's setups... From what I've read you'd want to make sure you have the latest drivers for your USB ports, and latest motherboard BIOS. I think there's a certain Intel USB controller mentioned in one of these threads that's still giving people problems. You could get lucky like me and get away with just sliding the switch on the back of the keyboard over one tick and waiting a few seconds, didn't have to update drivers/bios. Some people have to slide the switch all the way to BIOS and then back to a number, some have to use USB 2.0, some have to use older version of the utility, etc... different fixes for different systems, it seems.

A rather helpful forum user made a FAQ/Troubleshooter thread a couple days ago, a good place to start your forum research if my tips weren't helpful. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Hope you get it workin easily, these usermade lighting profiles are amazing ;p

If it's a regular k70, the color is always Red, and I don't know what utility they would use if any.

Archived