Corsair Community

Installing Win10 on a system you depend on ...

:D: agreed

I installed win 10 on a drive with win 7 on another and win 10 has so many configuration issues I decided to rollback on that drive but it said I had moved a user and needed to be put back to default first

but there was only 1 user:roll:

After 2 days I think I finally got both OS's set up...

Windows 10 is a disaster.

Microsoft changed their model from selling Operating Systems, to monetizing their customers by funneling them into their online services and cloud, and mining their personal data.

Windows 10 is essentially a marketing platform designed to get you to pay for Microsoft's music streaming service, their apps in their app store, their OneDrive cloud backup, etc. etc, while mining every shred of your personal data.

The only way to responsibly use Windows 10 is to delete your "microsoft account", install it with a local user account only, disable all the spying options by going into the advanced menus during install (or finding them in settings afterwards), disable cortana, disable all the music services, one drive, etc. etc.

If you do that it is MOSTLY ok, but there are still some concerns left.

That is so true...ive got win10 pro & home 64bit..downloaded it via wifi..dont ask how..

used rufus to make an usb key..works great...i ve said this elsewere about win 8 etc..im syaing it about win 10 too..

looks great but aint great...they couldve just taken win7 and added the new theme layout to it..why try make something ment for mobile devices work properly on a pc setup...and even disabling the privacy stuff they still have over 40 reported unseen privacy issue that can be found unless your a hardcore coder/programmer

That is so true...ive got win10 pro & home 64bit..downloaded it via wifi..dont ask how..

used rufus to make an usb key..works great...i ve said this elsewere about win 8 etc..im syaing it about win 10 too..

looks great but aint great...they couldve just taken win7 and added the new theme layout to it..why try make something ment for mobile devices work properly on a pc setup...and even disabling the privacy stuff they still have over 40 reported unseen privacy issue that can be found unless your a hardcore coder/programmer

You miss the entire point of Windows 10 from Microsofts point though.

It's a complete change in how they make money.

Previously all their income was from OS licenses.

Now, they have copied Apple and Google.

They copied Apple from the "Ecosystem" perspective. Ship an OS with preinstalled music streaming services, app stores, cloud drives, etc. etc. Offer the basic versions free, with a paid premium, and just by virtue of it being preinstalled, they are going to make money, just like Apple does with iTunes and their store.

Then there's how they copied Google. EVERYTHING in Windows 10 is based around data collection, data mining and Microsofts advertising ID. You can disable a lot of it in options (or during install) but some of it is persistent either way.

I'm very disappointed in Microsoft for this. I want my phone to be more like my computer, not my computer to be more like my phone.

The other issue is that the cost of the equipment (computer, laptop, tablet, phone) is in most cases less expensive than the cost of the operating system. So by making the the equipment a non-issue, they put all the attention back on Microsoft again.

Now no matter what you run it on, you get the same user experience.

I had 3 computers all set up differently and used for different things. Now with windows 10, all 3 computers are now the same. If you try to make a change on one of the computers it will carry those settings over to the other systems.

Microsoft wants us all to have the same user experience. Because lemmings are easier to control.

I keep waiting for the dump trucks to come and scoop us all up to make Soylent Green.....

I had 3 computers all set up differently and used for different things. Now with windows 10, all 3 computers are now the same. If you try to make a change on one of the computers it will carry those settings over to the other systems.

Ugh. Yet another reason to NEVER use a microsoft account to log in to your local computer.

Local accounts only! I don't want any of that cloud nonsense.

Ugh. Yet another reason to NEVER use a microsoft account to log in to your local computer.

Local accounts only! I don't want any of that cloud nonsense.

?

Having the cloud functionality is pretty useful when you re-install windows, saves you time to redo custom settings every single time. If you want to have different profiles for other PCs, then you can do as you say and use local accounts.

It's not like it's forcing you to go cloud like Synapse for example. I'm stuck with 3 ghost profiles and there is no way to get rid of them...

Back to windows, it's quite the non-issue considering how easy it is to setup to work as you want.

?

Having the cloud functionality is pretty useful when you re-install windows, saves you time to redo custom settings every single time. If you want to have different profiles for other PCs, then you can do as you say and use local accounts.

It's not like it's forcing you to go cloud like Synapse for example. I'm stuck with 3 ghost profiles and there is no way to get rid of them...

Back to windows, it's quite the non-issue considering how easy it is to setup to work as you want.

I want full control of my system. I don't want it doing anything behind my back. I also don't want to share all my private data for Microsoft to mine.

My computer should not be contacting the outside internet, unless I explicitly tell it to. Computers are inherently LOCAL machines. I don't want anything at all, that turns it into a hybrid local/remote system.

Especially since Microsoft have proven they can't be trusted. They used end users bandwidth to help distribute Windows 10 install files peer to peer, causing many people with metered bandwidth to go over their limits, and they are doing the same with Windows updates.

The more I look at Windows 10, the more it appears like malware than a operating system I can trust. With this release Microsoft have pushed me more towards Linux. I now to EVERYTHING in linux, expect play games. Games are all windows is good for now, since they can't be trusted not to spy on me. (who cares if they spy on my games...)

I want my phone to be more like my computer, not my computer to be more like my phone.

I want full control of my system. I don't want it doing anything behind my back. I also don't want to share all my private data for Microsoft to mine.

My computer should not be contacting the outside internet, unless I explicitly tell it to. Computers are inherently LOCAL machines. I don't want anything at all, that turns it into a hybrid local/remote system.

Especially since Microsoft have proven they can't be trusted. They used end users bandwidth to help distribute Windows 10 install files peer to peer, causing many people with metered bandwidth to go over their limits, and they are doing the same with Windows updates.

The more I look at Windows 10, the more it appears like malware than a operating system I can trust. With this release Microsoft have pushed me more towards Linux. I now to EVERYTHING in linux, expect play games. Games are all windows is good for now, since they can't be trusted not to spy on me. (who cares if they spy on my games...)

I want my phone to be more like my computer, not my computer to be more like my phone.

You sure kicked the man in the shin.

Speaking strictly as myself, I do not intend to allow Windows 10 to be installed on any of my productivity machines until I'm 100% assured that the OS is stable, bug-free and is actually worth the time and effort to upgrade. I would prefer not to have another experience like going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 only to find several essential graphics programs broke under the new OS, and it was a while before patches and fixes to both the programs AND to Windows 8 resolved them.

Now, I have a test machine that is going to be installed with Windows 10 when it comes out, and most of my programs will be tested on it before I even consider migrating. Given my previous testing with Windows 10, I'm not too excited at the moment. I expect Windows 10 will be a) bug-plagued, b) attacked almost instantly with zero-day assaults (thanks to Microsoft for opening up the OS for testing to start in this case), and c) have a number of reports of software not working correctly under the new OS. And from what I'm seeing, no one is considering any of this at all.

honor 7 handyhülle

Microsoft's privacy settings aside - each time a new OS comes out there's always software issues. A fresh install is always better than an upgrade.

Agreed and users will go for the new OS regardless

It took win7 to pull me off XP and Win 7 is far best and imop 8 8.1 and even win10 is simply an enhanced win 7,where the largest change in win 10 is the loss of users privacy

had a co-worker rave about win10

I ask how he felt about giving up all his privacy

he said''it doesn't bother me,ive nothing to hide''

I told him I wanted to remote in his computer to look at his personal files

he answered ''screw that,its none of your business''

I ask why not as he lets Microsoft file every keystroke,access to everything

He left scratching his head...

Archived