Corsair Community

Performance 3 or a Neutron????

5200x

Hello

Corsair cant swap my crashed Performance 3 so they are offering a Neutron

Is the Neutron as good as the Performance 3 or is it better/NOT?

I did look at some reviews and it looks a little better but it has a strange controller?

Thanks

The Neutron drive is better than the Performance 3 drive.

Neutron 120GB

Max Sequential R/W (ATTO)

540 MB/s sequential read

211 MB/s sequential write

The LAMD controller is designed to deliver both super-high IOPs — important for data-intensive tasks like video and image editing — as well as superior sequential read speeds for lighting fast file access.

Performance 3 128GB

Max Sequential R/W (ATTO)

Up to 410 MB/s sequential read

210 MB/s sequential write

Performance 3 Series solid-state drives combine the latest Marvell controller and supercharged synchronous NAND to eliminate bottlenecks and provide the serious 6Gbps SATA III bandwidth you need for cutting edge video and graphics.

Information sourced from the product pages from Corsair

Performance 3

http://www.corsair.com/performance-3-series-p3-128-solid-state-hard-drive.html

Neutron

http://www.corsair.com/en/ssd/neutron-series-ssd/neutron-series-128gb-sata-3-6gbs-ssd.html

I have had 3 Performance 3 drives all faulty on a range of hardware platforms until Corsair approved a final RMA for a different model. This is working without issue now.

I would advise avoiding the Performance 3 as there seems to be some re-occurring issue with frozen sectors, at least on the few that I had.

Go for the Neutron!

Thanks for the info Guys

I told Corsair send me the Neutron

The big problem I had with the Performance 3 was strange sound coming from my speakers this never happened with any other drive I have used with this motherboard.

Moved the Performance 3 to my Laptop and my problem was random crashes till it died finally.

What's the best SSD out now?

I have used the Force Series 3 with good results on a friends build with an ASUS Sabertooth board very fast.

By the way the Performance 3 was a gift I did not buy it.

Again Thanks

Archived