CMT32GX3M4X1866C9 which mobo ?

Tenchi_75

I want to choose a mainboard that fully support the RAM

@DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)

@9-10-9-27

I (want to) choose between these two boards:

ASUS P9X79 WS

Intel DX79SI

a) Will be both 100% running @full speed?

b) Do i have any chance to run these Kit on a Intel DZ68BC or Intel DP67BG ?

c) any chance to run 64GB RAM @full speed (on 2011 socket).

Basically it's pretty tough to match memory with a MB. Your better off to pick one and see if the modules are on the compatibilty list for that MB.

a) Will be both 100% running @full speed?

c) any chance to run 64GB RAM @full speed (on 2011 socket).

Sure there is a possibility, but when you run you memory past the max frequency supported by the CPU you are overclocking. Then nothing is a guarantee. All you can do is try as each CPU is different and will overclock just as differently.

a) Then i can 100% sure this Kit will run @full specs & speed !?

More than likely, but it will depend on how well your CPU will overclock. The modules are guarenteed to run at 1866 but it is still highly cpu dependant. There is no way to tell untill you try .

b) why does the Vengance Kit have "7-8-7-20-2T" in the list

(see red "?")

What does that mean?

Just slightly faster set of modules. Tighter timings.

a) i dont want to overclock (at the beginning) i want only run the mem @1866CL9 with loading the xmp profile.

But i can be sure that this mem will work with the mobo, maybe with a little manual tuning (for running @1866CL9) ?

b) Are you sure?

The Vengance Kit is a DDR-3 1866 Kit too. The lower timings CL7 must be only at DDR3-1333Mhz or something (its not a Kit that runs @1866 CL7 !?)

a) i dont want to overclock (at the beginning) i want only run the mem @1866CL9 with loading the xmp profile.

This IS overclocking. XMP overclocks the memory by setting the correct values to give you the best chance at a successful overclock. So again it will depend on your individual CPU as to whether or not it will overclock the memory that high. Then when you populate all your memory slots that provides an even greater increse on the memory controller and most likely with that much memory installed you would have to run them at a lower frequency anyway.

b) Are you sure?

Yes, positive!

The Vengance Kit is a DDR-3 1866 Kit too. The lower timings CL7 must be only at DDR3-1333Mhz or something (its not a Kit that runs @1866 CL7 !?)

No the vengeance kit is 1866mhz at CL7. You are comparing Dominators to Vengeance. they are two totally different sets of modules.

But i can be sure that this mem will work with the mobo, maybe with a little manual tuning (for running @1866CL9) ?

Yes it will work with your MB and possible with tuning. But you cant be sure until you try

b) ok, then the vengance kit is a much better memory!

I thought the Dominator GT are the Topline of Corsair?

The Vengeance modules were designed and tested on the Sandybridge platform So they will be your best choice for your MB/CPU

Yes the GT's are the totp of the line but really not necessary unless you plan on extreme overclocking. I've seen those same modules running at above 2400mhz in some benchmark reviews. So if you do not plan on huge overclocks the Vengeance is the way to go for you.

BTW: thank you very much for you help!

NP, glad to help! :)

Mixing kits like that is not supported or suggested by corsair because there is no way to ensure compatibility between two kits that are not tested together. Memory is meant to be used as one kit per MB.

Yes even two kits of the same exact part number. Normally you have to reduce the frequency to get them to play nice together if at all

Basically it boils down to this...you can try it but there just is no way to tell. If you run into trouble with two kits there really isn't much you can do .

Archived