Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500- bf3 best settings?

66racer

Hi guys,

Im playing between the dolby and the 7.1 virtual settings while in bf3, I have kept it on the FPS setting too. So far seems like the 7.1 setting on the far right sounds better since the dolby one kinda misses some sounds it seems. Anyone else wanna share what they think is best?

I also just noticed within bf3 I had it set to HIFI for speaker and no in the option below, I will try tomorrow on it set to headphones to see if it improves any.

Overall very impressed with the 1500s though. I was a little nervous about it due to built in sound processor, but things seem solid. Sounds WAY better than my UE350 earbuds thats forsure lol

• Corsair Employee

I personally use the middle head phone setting on the mouse with the FPS profile. I also use the headphone setting in the game.

Play around with all the settings. Everyone ear's will react different to the settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally use the Home Cinema settings in BF3 as it seems that the sound surrounds you more. Also, it appears to be much easier to pinpoint the location of an enemy's footsteps (the 7.1 is surprisingly very accurate).

Make sure that in BF3 you turn 'Enhanced Stereo' off otherwise you won't get the surround sound effect.

In the corsair software I use the FPS profile with the 7.1 surround setting.

Of course, everyone's ear has different tastes so experiment with which one you think sonds better to you.

Hope this helps!

P.S

In case you're wondering, the war tapes sound setting in BF3 uses the original sounds that were recorded out in the field by the sound team.

• 4 weeks later...

P.S

In case you're wondering, the war tapes sound setting in BF3 uses the original sounds that were recorded out in the field by the sound team.

o.O I NEVER knew that!! i just presumed that 'war tapes' would be a more grainy, old fashioned sounding stream.

Gonna have to try that now! thanks! =D

Try the war tapes setting in 5.1 or 7.1....Sounds Awsome until your left and right swap.

This happens to you too???

Everything sounds absolutely AMAZING! until my left and right swap as well....

How do you fix it? I have to unplug my headset and plug it back in again.

• 3 weeks later...
Try the war tapes setting in 5.1 or 7.1....Sounds Awsome until your left and right swap.

^LOL! Same happens on my end but I didn't know it was due to "war tapes". Can you verify that the L-R swap goes away if another setting is used? If so, what setting??

This happens to you too???

Everything sounds absolutely AMAZING! until my left and right swap as well....

How do you fix it? I have to unplug my headset and plug it back in again.

HAPPENS TO ME TOO!!! I would LOVE to know what precise settings to use in BF3 so this doesn't happen.

Unplugging and plugging it back in is only temporary, so is ALT+TABing to the desktop and redoing the settings. The sound straightens out but then randomly inverts again during a game. It's really annoying!

I've been asked several times during a BF3 game by my team if I was drunk, lol. I'd be running to one side of the building, away from a vehicle, when in fact I was running TOWARDS it.

^LOL! Same happens on my end but I didn't know it was due to "war tapes". Can you verify that the L-R swap goes away if another setting is used? If so, what setting??

HAPPENS TO ME TOO!!! I would LOVE to know what precise settings to use in BF3 so this doesn't happen.

Unplugging and plugging it back in is only temporary, so is ALT+TABing to the desktop and redoing the settings. The sound straightens out but then randomly inverts again during a game. It's really annoying!

I've been asked several times during a BF3 game by my team if I was drunk, lol. I'd be running to one side of the building, away from a vehicle, when in fact I was running TOWARDS it.

Happens on every BF3 sound setting....Can't stand it. Trying to figure out a way to install the HS1 drivers and see if that helps. But I can't get past the "Plug in Your HS1" prompt due to the driver not recognizing the 1500s.

Archived