Corsair Community

hs70 audio issue with PUBG

TheSolidCrimson

I have the HS60 wired and connected to my PC. when i play fortnite the sound is so bad it sounds like its under water. i was in the midst of moving all my periphals over to Corsair and started with the K68 keyboard which is awesome. the only fix i have found is to quit icue and the sound is so much better. It does it in GTAV online as well. the head phones i wanted so i could also use for my xbox. really disappointed that the software for the product actually diminishes it. Maybe i should go back to Razer or something.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just purchased the hs70s and love them. other than that, the volume seems to cut in out a bit during gameplay. The Volume just lowers itself then increases again. any tips on fixing this issue....? this is my first corsair product. I have the cue installed as well. thanks!

That's PUBG itself... It's a broken game.

I have the HS60 wired and connected to my PC. when i play fortnite the sound is so bad it sounds like its under water. i was in the midst of moving all my periphals over to Corsair and started with the K68 keyboard which is awesome. the only fix i have found is to quit icue and the sound is so much better. It does it in GTAV online as well. the head phones i wanted so i could also use for my xbox. really disappointed that the software for the product actually diminishes it. Maybe i should go back to Razer or something.

i went back to logitech and sold my hs70s at a yard sale.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, this is certainly annoying and happens in every game I play. When iCue installed, which supposed to be because I have tons of Corsair products, sound randomly goes up and down, cracking and popping. When I close iCue or uninstall the Corsair driver from headset and use Windows Generic driver, it is totally normal.

Literally noone caring about this? Because it seems like it can be solved with a driver update as there's nothing wrong on the hardware side. We can use Windows' own driver, but it's so damn high and irritating without the EQ on iCue.

Edit: There's one more option though. Just enable Microsoft Generic USB driver without any EQ and then just buy Dolby Atmos for Headphones from Windows Store. It has premade EQ settings and custom one for your choice for games, movies and music. I kind of solved the situation like this, but will think twice in the future for Corsair headphones.

Edited by Blackworms

• 1 month later...

Just bought an HS70 and noticed this issue playing Octopath Traveler. The volume goes up and down randomly, which is really annoying. Followed every step except uninstalling the ICue software. Gonna try that.

Also, using newest drivers (3.21.88).

• 3 weeks later...

Are you running the corsair driver for your headset? I was having lots of issues with my HS70's until I realised I was running windows audio drivers for them.

Now for FPS gaming they sound great when using the clear chat eq profile.. the fps profiles are garbage with far to much bass. The clear chat has low highs & lows with high mids. Hear much more than I used to!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nsVcwN1v-ZLGuz0FXg8RwqbS3nGJpGuI/view?usp=sharing

\/ If your driver is showing as Microsoft go to device manger - update driver then "browse my computer for driver software" - C drive and look for a Corsair folder (which will contain your drivers) and it will alter your driver to the correct one :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Rtx1hcvhwg14v1Bajxcvha9sf4WtoXR/view?usp=sharing

Also disable any Microsoft enhanced sounds & the allow apps to take control of this device!

Edited by auzzyboy