Corsair Community

Removing the GPU for air travel?

mug2k

Hi,

I recently got a One Pro Ti and I'm loving everything about the system especially the size. I'm planning to live in another country in the near future and will need to take the system with me.

I'll be taking 2 suitcases and rather than putting the system in a single case I'm thinking of maybe putting the GPU in 1 and the rest of the system in the other might be a good idea to spread the risk.

Is it possible, if so how hard is it?

Hi,

I recently got a One Pro Ti and I'm loving everything about the system especially the size. I'm planning to live in another country in the near future and will need to take the system with me.

I'll be taking 2 suitcases and rather than putting the system in a single case I'm thinking of maybe putting the GPU in 1 and the rest of the system in the other might be a good idea to spread the risk.

Sounds like you're over thinking this situation. Remember this unit is tiny and if you're flying international you'll be on a larger aircraft with larger that normal overhead bins. You can easily fit the Corsair One in a suitcase that meets the carry-on specifications. If you want to be really safe you could actually purchase a from Case Cruzers and cut the foam to fit the corsair one. It would then be protected by foam and an extremely durable plastic case.

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

It is NOT easy to remove the GPU. You can transport your unit in a well-padded suit case and you shouldn't have any issue.

Sounds like you're over thinking this situation. Remember this unit is tiny and if you're flying international you'll be on a larger aircraft with larger that normal overhead bins. You can easily fit the Corsair One in a suitcase that meets the carry-on specifications. If you want to be really safe you could actually purchase a from Case Cruzers and cut the foam to fit the corsair one. It would then be protected by foam and an extremely durable plastic case.

Wouldn't the fact that it's liquid-cooled pose a problem as a carry-on?

It is NOT easy to remove the GPU. You can transport your unit in a well-padded suit case and you shouldn't have any issue.

That's what I'm thinking, gonna try and get a really good suitcase along the lines of a Samsonite S'Cure Spinner!

Archived