Corsair Community

Obsidian 450D front panel broke

Zoom

I built a system for my dad and he broke the front panel attachment clips while moving it into the next room. Also one of the locking jaws on the case no longer clicks and locks into place. I've looked in the Corsair store for a replacement but there is no picture so I'm unclear if it is the right one. Also I need a locking jaw for the front of the case which I don't see for sale. If the jaws are prone to break then I would like to buy a few of them.

I chose this case for my dad and really like it other than the fragility of this front panel.

• 10 months later...

@Zoom. Did customer service help you out? I just got a new 450D in the mail from Amazon. Seems ok but I have a bent drive cage and also the front panel that clicks in does not do so securely, so that it is loose.

I haven't installed my cpu components yet, but worry it will rattle with fan vibrations etc. The latch on the right clicks nice and securely, the latch on the left is loose and therefore the front panel is loose when I click it in.

I'm hoping maybe Corsair can send me a part to fix it with so I don't have to return this whole thing via mail.

Archived