Corsair Community

touble with corsair link v2.5.5145 beta

DrClaw_

I ran corsair link 2.4 yesterday and it went smooth, i couldnt see the tabs for power though, just temperature for my cpu among other things.

What i have installed is a 1200i psu and one node that has two connection ports. one for motherboard usb and that tiny wire, i cant connect anything else, its the older smaller node, i dont have commander.

i uninstalled 2.4 and installed latest beta 2.5

I get an error now with 2.5, something about net framework but i have that installed

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ro3ymq&s=8#.UvemnPn3Ve4

i have net framework installed, as seen here

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2f0gjuo&s=8#.UvenFvn3Ve4

i honestly not sure about net framework and the other stuff, i have Windows 7 64bit. How can i fix this, is there way somebody please help

i just want to see power consumption with corsair link

i believe you should be able to connect your 1200i to a port located on the hydro itself to monitor its readings thru link software.

you say you have the small cooling node but no commander but one needs the other in order to work,

thanks for reply, are you talking about corsair cpu coolers? i dont have it if thats what you mean by hydro.

i found a picture of the node i have, this is what was in box with my psu, bought months ago

http://i.imgur.com/pCA3bqz.jpg%3F1

i looked up the node and find many different ones, the one above is what i have

wondering then what else do i need to monitor power consumption and about the microsoft error, should i reinstall them, i have x86 versions in there not sure if i should install that

since my os is 64-bit

everything in this picture is what i have, it came with my 1200i powersupply. I bought it months ago

http://i.imgur.com/pCA3bqz.jpg%3F1

its different from whats seen in the install guides. Thats why im confused why i have no power tab, maybe thats accessed via 2.5 beta patch? if so i cant get the patch working, what should i do?

ive already deleted everything, i tried removing with regcleaner, etc, so there is nothing from corsair on my computer. Performing fresh installs of beta patch 2.5 still gives me same microsoft error.

Is this a problem with my pc or the hardware or the patch. I have yet to try reinstall microsft frameworks but im hesistant because im not familiar with that stuff, maybe could cause other issues.

i can use patch 2.4 but theres no power tab. Maybe because my corsair link hardware is older?

also i connect the wire to my power supply, thats what powers the node. then usb from node to motherboard.

I say this becuz the image above says connect to coolant but i have no coolant only power supply from corsair.

alot of times multiple installs messes things up,using a reg cleaner still may not delete files hidden by windows such as the appdata folder.if you have the 1200i hooked to a usb header ,there should be a power tab,you do need at least 4.0 .netframework installed

ya i have no power tab and i have microsoft net framework 4.5 installed, i tried install 4.0 and it said i have 4.5 so it wont let me install 4.0

i think its something wrong with my drivers or os or w/e

im going to just head to home depot and grab a multi meter or something,

I have the same problem with the beta firmware. I've tried everything you have and more. I shut down my computer and discounted the power for a time and than tried to reinstall. I did remove network 4.5 and reinstall but that had no affect. I do believe it is something to do with network and the firmware. :confused:

I have the same problem with the beta firmware. I've tried everything you have and more. I shut down my computer and discounted the power for a time and than tried to reinstall. I did remove network 4.5 and reinstall but that had no affect. I do believe it is something to do with network and the firmware. :confused:

my friend, i figured it out, i posted this on msn forums

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/92d6c2e5-a8a8-4622-a9cb-1ecaa499a2ea/help-i-get-an-error-when-trying-to-run-this-program?forum=netfxsetup&prof=required

all i did, went to windows update and did that, it automatically installed microsoft framework 4.5.1 which the moderator said i should try install

on top of that you should try this and verify all your microsoft net framework stuff w/e is installed

i dont know forum rules so im not gonna post the download link for the framework program that verifies whats installed. Just go look for it in the link above.

its really a microsoft error, the software is working for me now ;D

see look and i have the beloved power tab ;D

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5mwdgm&s=8#.UvrNdvlkVco

thing is my power tab says i got 82% efficiency, my ax1200i is platinum and the trusty manual tells me its 92% or above

been a good few months maybe a year i dunno, im gonna try the pc in a different room and see what it says tomorrow or something, Ai ca-rumba :bigeyes:

82 is what alot of people get but i didnt pay for that hehe :cool:

my friend, i figured it out, i posted this on msn forums

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/92d6c2e5-a8a8-4622-a9cb-1ecaa499a2ea/help-i-get-an-error-when-trying-to-run-this-program?forum=netfxsetup&prof=required

all i did, went to windows update and did that, it automatically installed microsoft framework 4.5.1 which the moderator said i should try install

on top of that you should try this and verify all your microsoft net framework stuff w/e is installed

i dont know forum rules so im not gonna post the download link for the framework program that verifies whats installed. Just go look for it in the link above.

its really a microsoft error, the software is working for me now ;D

see look and i have the beloved power tab ;D

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5mwdgm&s=8#.UvrNdvlkVco

thing is my power tab says i got 82% efficiency, my ax1200i is platinum and the trusty manual tells me its 92% or above

been a good few months maybe a year i dunno, im gonna try the pc in a different room and see what it says tomorrow or something, Ai ca-rumba :bigeyes:

82 is what alot of people get but i didn't pay for that hehe :cool:

Thanks my friend for the in-depth information. I tried the fixes but could not get the firmware working, same problem. I must be doing something wrong but I'll keep trying.

Thanks my friend for the in-depth information. I tried the fixes but could not get the firmware working, same problem. I must be doing something wrong but I'll keep trying.

did you try uninstall everything, check for secret folders, actually just go to my computer and search "corsair"

right click on my computer or wherever and enable hidden files

then download regcleaner and search for corsair and delete anything corsair related

then do fresh install

Someone managed to solve the problem of not identifying the H80i?

If I remove and replace the internal usb with the computer turned on, it recognizes and aprarece in CL, but after a while, or if I restart the computer, it no longer appears in CL. :[pouts:

What i solved is getting the software to work, all i did was use windows update

then i made sure to make clean uninstall, search my computer" for corsair

then i used regcleaner

what really did it for me, since i tried uninstall like that a couple times before, was just windows update.

An msn or microsoft moderator told me on the forums to install net framework 4.5.1

given i had all other net frameworks installed before it.

Reason i went to microsoft type forums is because i was getting a net.framework error, see my early posts, i have a screenshot link and for anyone having the same problem, just uninstall anything corsair related and then update your os

I have windows 7 64bit btw

The moderator did tell me to install net. framework 4.5.1 but windows update installed it for me.

I dont have an h80i so i cant help you

Also not sure what you mean by CL aparace? do you mean Corsair link appears? i know aparace is a portuguese word i think.

maybe you need to go to options and enable on windows startup somewhere.

and i wouldnt remove the usb while the pc is turned on, i know usb is low power and we connect usb on the outside but maybe its not safe because its your motherboard.

Archived