Corsair Link Software Version 2.3.4816 With support for Windows 8

Windows 8 Support

New Hardware Detection and Monitoring Engine

Firmware flashing to Commander units prior to firmware 2.06 now supported

CPU temperature for all AMD platforms now supported

Device Icon’s now have three selectable sizes

Communication between multiple devices has been improved

Corsair Link 2.3.4816

Please Note you have to delete any saved profiles and uninstall the old version and reboot before installing the latest version.

Bonjour,j'aurais voulu avoir un renseignement j'ai fait l'aquisition du H100i mais je n'arrive pas avec la nouvelle version du logiciel a avoir le H100i détecter par le logiciel j'ai une erreur avec l'USB(Windows a arrêté ce périphérique car il présente des problèmes. (Code 43) Unknown Device

Est-ce un défaut du H100i ou autre chose que je n'ais pas fait merci de m'aider

si non le logiciel détecte tout sur mon PC sauf les 2 ventilateur du radiateur +la pompe.

I updated the CL2 today , before i deleted the profile , uninstalled CL2 and the corisponding drivers , restarted my pc and installed the new software , once i did that a low whine/rumble noize is coming from the fans again !! , this is something i fixed last FW update to 1.05 and the fans where silent, now with the new software the noize is back but in a diffrent way , this is very disapointing since i was sure i was done with that problem , i was late for work so i havent had time to uninstall and go back to the older software and see if the fans go silent again , will update on that....

is there any one els that is experiancing the same problem?

New software looks excellent (proper labels) and behaves much better, but there are still a ton of the same exact bugs.

• STILL no proper 'hide'. I don't want to see your program in the alt-tab menu when it is hidden to the tray; i've never seen a program have a problem with this before.

• "Start Minimized" should only apply for system startup (other programs use flags in their startup command like "-silent", "/autohide", "-silentrun", "-hide", etc. not that hard) and it should start in the TRAY, not the task bar if this option is selected.

• Restoring the main system window from a maximum state screws up the placement of the icons and shoots them off the screen, but they generally go back to their own positions if you rescale the window vertically. Very impressed with the icon movement when you resize though.

• If snap-to-grid is selected the LED icon is off-center compared to the rest of the same sized elements.

• Absolutely no choice for time-scale (x-axis) for graphing? I would like to see more than a 30 second history with a [pointless] way to zoom in on that; unless you have a really sudden jump all you'll ever see are flat lines so what is the point?? I want to see a long history. Also, the minimum horizontal size of the graphs is set by the background font width whereas the font should get smaller if you shrink the window past that point. Finally, when you start a new graph the first element is always zero when it should just pull the current number (indexing off by one???)

THANKS GOD You fixed the constant HDD polling that was driving me crazy ... and wearing my HDD's down! You've also fixed another anoying bug with the regional settings and the misinterpretation between the decimal separator and the thouthands separators "," and "." that made the app report weirdly high temperatures... MUCH better version!

I can no longer use the new version of the link software under a normal user account. It works fine under an admin account, and it's obviously working in the background under the user account but I can't access the gui to view or change settings, nor is the icon in the system tray. Is this by design or normal behavior? 1.05 firmware and Windows 8 Pro 64.

I can no longer use the new version of the link software under a normal user account. It works fine under an admin account, and it's obviously working in the background under the user account but I can't access the gui to view or change settings, nor is the icon in the system tray. Is this by design or normal behavior? 1.05 firmware and Windows 8 Pro 64.

most likely its in the design for security reasons

i prefer it being set up as such with kids and all.

• 3 weeks later...

I just made this update since i'm running Windows 8 and the shutdown message was bugging me. Now my H100i Temp has gone mental! it flashes red and says 0 every other second and the H100i Led doesnt show. Inside my case, it doesnt glow at all. my temp seems to be running fine, 35c idle.

edit: The issue seemed to be that the computer was running two instances of the application. The old one was named "Corsair Link2" and the new one "CorsairLink2". I had to uninstall and reinstall the new one. I think this is bad, i've never had an application update behave this was since... maybe windows 95. Now everything is working as it should.

New software looks excellent (proper labels) and behaves much better, but there are still a ton of the same exact bugs.

• STILL no proper 'hide'. I don't want to see your program in the alt-tab menu when it is hidden to the tray; i've never seen a program have a problem with this before.

• "Start Minimized" should only apply for system startup (other programs use flags in their startup command like "-silent", "/autohide", "-silentrun", "-hide", etc. not that hard) and it should start in the TRAY, not the task bar if this option is selected.

• Restoring the main system window from a maximum state screws up the placement of the icons and shoots them off the screen, but they generally go back to their own positions if you rescale the window vertically. Very impressed with the icon movement when you resize though.

• If snap-to-grid is selected the LED icon is off-center compared to the rest of the same sized elements.

• Absolutely no choice for time-scale (x-axis) for graphing? I would like to see more than a 30 second history with a [pointless] way to zoom in on that; unless you have a really sudden jump all you'll ever see are flat lines so what is the point?? I want to see a long history. Also, the minimum horizontal size of the graphs is set by the background font width whereas the font should get smaller if you shrink the window past that point. Finally, when you start a new graph the first element is always zero when it should just pull the current number (indexing off by one???)

Agree with this, especially Alt+Tab, and icon placement

I just bought the cooling kit, and is running 5 fans with 3 temp sensors.

I think the concept is great, but the software (I'm running 2.3.4816 with flashed commander) seems very unfinished. First of all, I find the software design choices strange: The software is obviously not finished, and yet there seems to be put quite a lot of effort into the GUI design instead of getting the basics working properly first. Such an important system (reffering to the cooling part) needs to start up whether someone logs in to the computer or not. "Autostart with windows" which is triggered by a user logon simply doesn't cut it. The way I would design it is by splitting it up into a windows service that communicate with the actual devices and obey speed/temperature rules etc, and a GUI that's used to configure/monitor the service. The service, like most services, would start when Windows start, not when somebody log in. I would make the communication between the GUI and the service TCP based, so that the GUI didn't even have to run on the same computer as the service. A stored password hash would suffice for simple authentification to preven "unauthorized users" from changing the cooling parameters. I doubt you'll actually do this as it requires a fundamental redesign of the software, but I find it really unacceptable that my fans are running "unmanaged" until I log into the computer.

I see lots of areas that need "improvement" and I'm sure you're aware of many of them so I don't see the need to mention all the small things, but there are 2 really big issues for me:

1. Why have you hardcoded a max RPM of 4000 for fans? I manage some 40 mm fans that easily do 6000, yet I'm not able to get Link2 to do this unless I specify "Maximum speed" - and that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a fan controller - I could just as well simply plug it directly to a power cable.

2. It seems to me that the fan speeds doesn't actually follow the "curve" in "Custom curve", instead they use the 5 specified temperature speed points as "steps". I have one fan set up to 1200 rpm at 28 C and 1600 rpm at 34 C. The result is that the fan will stay at 1200 rpm at 33,9 C, and then "jump" to 1600 rpm at 34 C. This will cause the temperature to drop down to 33,9 again, and the fan will drop down to 1200 rpm. Rinse and repeat. Not just is this quite annoying to listen to, it drasticly reduces the possibility to configure a good "cooling profile" where both temperatures and noise levels are kept in check.

I know that software development can be heavy, and that the smallest projects have a tendency to grow exponentially, and I wonder if you've considered to open up the "hardware protocol" used to communicate with the commander. Maybe that would be the best route to take, so that others could develop their own version of the management software to meet their needs, like my need for a windows service or the need for for example a linux version/daemon. This could make the link2 hardware available to new markeds, like all the Linux based "home servers" existing today often lacking a proper cooling solution.

As a last note, please add a check that knows whether or not something actually is changed before asking if we want to save before exit. I'm running Link2 under RPC, which is very slow due to the very graphic UI and this easily wastes some 20 seconds every time I need to quit Link2.

The way I would design it is by splitting it up into a windows service that communicate with the actual devices and obey speed/temperature rules etc, and a GUI that's used to configure/monitor the service. The service, like most services, would start when Windows start, not when somebody log in.

That is the way it used to work. The service, at least the way it was written, heavily polled the system drive once every second. Those of us running SSDs didn't like that much. The new version still writes to a file but some of us have set Symlinks to put it elsewhere and save our SSDs from premature death.

1. Why have you hardcoded a max RPM of 4000 for fans? I manage some 40 mm fans that easily do 6000, yet I'm not able to get Link2 to do this unless I specify "Maximum speed" - and that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a fan controller - I could just as well simply plug it directly to a power cable.

A Custom Curve doesn't get you to the RPM you desire?

2. It seems to me that the fan speeds doesn't actually follow the "curve" in "Custom curve", instead they use the 5 specified temperature speed points as "steps". I have one fan set up to 1200 rpm at 28 C and 1600 rpm at 34 C. The result is that the fan will stay at 1200 rpm at 33,9 C, and then "jump" to 1600 rpm at 34 C. This will cause the temperature to drop down to 33,9 again, and the fan will drop down to 1200 rpm. Rinse and repeat. Not just is this quite annoying to listen to, it drasticly reduces the possibility to configure a good "cooling profile" where both temperatures and noise levels are kept in check.

It interpolates correctly between setpoints here.

I know that software development can be heavy, and that the smallest projects have a tendency to grow exponentially, and I wonder if you've considered to open up the "hardware protocol" used to communicate with the commander. Maybe that would be the best route to take, so that others could develop their own version of the management software to meet their needs, like my need for a windows service or the need for for example a linux version/daemon. This could make the link2 hardware available to new markeds, like all the Linux based "home servers" existing today often lacking a proper cooling solution.

You'd have to take this up with the authors of the hardware, firmware and software at CoolIT Systems. Corsair doesn't make the system, it is made for them to their specific needs for their hardware.

That is the way it used to work. The service, at least the way it was written, heavily polled the system drive once every second. Those of us running SSDs didn't like that much. The new version still writes to a file but some of us have set Symlinks to put it elsewhere and save our SSDs from premature death.

I've made some windows services earlier, and there's no reason why they have to write to disk all the time, or at all for that matter. I Windows service is just like any other program except that it doesn't have any GUI elements and isn't dependent on a desktop to "live" in. Except for logging, I can't see any reason the service would have to write to disk other than when configuration parameters were changed. I can only speculate, but it seems than that they might have used some file or files as "communication" between the GUI and the service, and that would be a slow and bad solution SSD or not. There are many ways to communicate in Windows, but I would stick to a simple TCP protocol.

A Custom Curve doesn't get you to the RPM you desire?

It's impossible for me to specify a rpm above 4000 for any of the "Points" for a custom curve. If I do so by typing in a number, it's immediately changed to 4000 or something right below.

It interpolates correctly between setpoints here.

That's strange, one of my fans have these points:

1: 20C, 605 rpm

2: 25C, 1009 rpm

3: 28C, 1217 rpm

4: 34C, 1619 rpm

5: 50C, 1995 rpm

At 33,9C it runs at 1230-1260, at 34C it runs at 1630-1660. Even the "crosshair" isn't aligning with the line except for at the "points". The fan is a PWM fan if that matters.

You'd have to take this up with the authors of the hardware, firmware and software at CoolIT Systems. Corsair doesn't make the system, it is made for them to their specific needs for their hardware.

It was ment as a suggestion for Corsair. I (obviously) don't know anything about the deal they've made with the software developers, but I would think Corsair would be the ones to decide this since the software is "sold" with the hardware and not by itself.

At 33,9C it runs at 1230-1260, at 34C it runs at 1630-1660. Even the "crosshair" isn't aligning with the line except for at the "points". The fan is a PWM fan if that matters..

your fans will not run at ''precisely'' the rpm you set,ive never seen any fan or hardware able to be that precise

the fan speed will also change when current temp is in the tenths range such as 34.1 ,34.2 ,34.3 ect...

your fans will not run at ''precisely'' the rpm you set,ive never seen any fan or hardware able to be that precise

the fan speed will also change when current temp is in the tenths range such as 34.1 ,34.2 ,34.3 ect...

Ofcourse not, that wasn't my point either. My point is: If interpolation works, why is the fan running at 1250-ish at 33.9. I would expect it to run at 1600-ish.

Hi all.I´m new here on forum.I bought recently the H100i.So my question is,can i update my h100i to the latest fw 1.0.5 without the old fw?Or should i update in order(like oldest fw to the new one)?Other question,How should i update corsair link??Can i update to 2.3.4816 without older versions??I have ratling noise..thanks in advance.For now its everything.I need to know this because no one could tell me how to do the update..I don´t know if i can go to the latest fw on h100i and corsair link..

Hi all.I´m new here on forum.I bought recently the H100i.So my question is,can i update my h100i to the latest fw 1.0.5 without the old fw?Or should i update in order(like oldest fw to the new one)?Other question,How should i update corsair link??Can i update to 2.3.4816 without older versions??I have ratling noise..thanks in advance.For now its everything.I need to know this because no one could tell me how to do the update..I don´t know if i can go to the latest fw on h100i and corsair link..

if you jusst purchased the h100I,it should have been shipped with that firmware already loaded.

Archived