Corsair Community

New Corsairlink2 software is here 2.3.4816

pucci821

http://www.corsair.com/us/media/cms/drivers/CorsairLINK2_Installer_v2.3.4816.exe

There is link to download and here is pic of new installed software.

I blew out any saved profiles before I un-installed 2.2.0 and rebooted and then checked all corsairlink2 software was gone after reboot and I checked windows updated before installing new ver. 2.3.4816 to see if any needed.

Checked windows again after installed and didn't need any new updates. I'm testing now will post update if any problems.

384143176_Newcorsairlink22.3.4816softwareishere.thumb.png.0a4dd9030709d4ccbfb992be6ee34791.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have just cleaned system, installed latest software and rebooted and ....

All my fans connected to two cooling nodes are not being detected. Everything else appears to be correct though. However .....

It is a terrible shame really as the concept is fantastic and the hardware appears to be good. It seems to be constantly let down by serious software glitches. I am sure that the programmers working on this are doing there very best so it probably comes down to a lack of resources being assigned.

I would have to say that the product, in my mind, is not fit for purpose in that it is not in any way reliable at this stage and for the previous 6 months. I am hoping this is just (another) minor glitch and can be dealt with swiftly. I am also sure that this will work for some people as is - this is a good thing (sort of) as again it is unpredictable and cooling needs to be anything but ! :)

Cheers

It looks like it fixed that constant drive polling that was giving me so much trouble... hooray!

On the other hand, I was quite disappointed to see that they'd dropped Sierrra2Service, and apparently the whole client/service model entirely. I was all sorts of excited about the possibilities that opened up for alternate display options If I could just sort out the protocol, I could toss together something lightweight to tap in, query the service directly, and drop the data into WMI or somewhere similarly helpful, all without having to launch the GUI at all. Now, though, that's not quite so easy.

So, I win some, I lose some... I notice they changed the displays on the Power tab , although the OCP features still seem to have the same problems as before (with the distinction that before, it spit entries into the Event Log from C-Link Service, complaining about register 234... Now it sends them as CorsairLink Hardware Monitor)...

It does look like the out-of-control logging has been fixed, too - or at least is now differently broken, and in a less antagonistic manner. Labels are missing from all the power-related checkboxes, but, if blindly selected anyhow, they appear to log properly and (better still) at the proper intervals. It's messy ans awkward, but I can definitely work with this. Adding some of the assorted temperatures and percents into the mix, however, seems like it just results in a tangled mess of headers with no results.

[sorry, I take that back... as long as I don't include the load % for my CPU (FX-8350), it looks like the logging will work fine with everything else... but for some reason that one value makes a hash of things]

I think it's time for me to get some sleep before I dig into it too deeply, but I'm feeling pretty good about this one... In fact, if they can pick up the release schedule a little and keep up with productive iterations like this one, we should be out of alpha and into beta in no time.

-B

Only problem I've encountered straight away is it's saying I have an Airflow Pro connected to channel 1, when I have my Lighting Node on channel 1. And it' has values for my memory temp and memory usage. I think it's my GPU Node, but not sure.

EDIT: Turns out it's not my GPU node, as my cooling sensor is still being recognised. I have the exact same setup as before, except two new memory labels, and I don't own an Airflow Pro.

http://puu.sh/2gmOp

Tested with X79 platform. So far so good with iRSTe v3.5.1092 + Corsair Link 2.3.4816 = No BSOD ( few minutes in windows, then BSOD ). ( YET! and hope it fixed )

Yes, the constant drive polling and CPU usage are fixed now.

Haven't test for fixed fan profile @ 40% for AX1200i wont save setting after really2 cold boot.

And lastly thank you corsair for the update and several fix. Thank you wytnyt for "keeping us calm" during the hiatus on corsair link update.

* Bug noticed, and can be fixed in future updates, x79 platform windows 7 x64 SP1, iRSTe v3.5.1092 , corsair link start not fully minimized to small taskbar icon, instead minimized into normal taskbar tab.

Thank you, sounds not bad, as before I got BSODs after 5 min as well. If no BSODs for hours, we can be cautiously optimistic. I'll give this dangerous stuff a shot later. Will reactivate restore system and make a restore point, as I will not install my whole system twice again because of Corsair softkill.

OK seeing I appear to be the only one experiencing a lack of fans being detected, does anyone have any thoughts on what to try? Cooling node is running latest fw and all sensors attached to it are functioning correctly just it is not seeing fans - some are corsair some not. They were all being detected (most of the time) with the 2.2 software.

Thanks all.

Just install the new Link software and now the LED on the pump do not work anymore.. The light up when i start my computer but as soon i get the bios screen they turn off anyone have an ide what might be the problem. Everything else is working, only the LED that do not work anymore.

Just install the new Link software and now the LED on the pump do not work anymore.. The light up when i start my computer but as soon i get the bios screen they turn off anyone have an ide what might be the problem. Everything else is working, only the LED that do not work anymore.

It happened to me as well after i install the new link software :mad: i removed the software and install version 2.2 again reflash my H100i with 1.05 (i'm using PWM fans) and every things works fine again.

The new Link Software Update is running since 35 minutes. Though I kicked the IRST driver, because it slowed down my SSD performance of my Samsung 840 Pro.

Seems to be a step in the right direction. The design is nice. The fan is starting manually @45%.

My 4 HDDs are represented. What I'd like to change is my OS SSD. Here the temperature is shown as difference from 100°C, in my case 76°C, which is irratating and pointless in my view. Is there a trick to change this to normal temp reading?

Will give the latest IRST a try later.

http://i48.tinypic.com/nd1j85.jpg

And lastly thank you corsair for the update and several fix. Thank you wytnyt for "keeping us calm" during the hiatus on corsair link update.

good things come to those that wait,course it dont make the waiting any easier;):

Archived