Corsair Community

Corsair H115i not in device manager

alganoob

Hello All,

My Corsair H115i is not showing at all in Windows device manager. I have read all the threads on the H115i and none have helped. The pump is working as i can verify the CPU temps are good even when benchmarking.

Things I have tried:

1. Checked all connections including SATA, and mini usb cable. I made sure usb is connected to pump and to a USB header on my mobo (tried several USB headers). I also swapped the cable with another that connects to a USB port on back of PC.
  2. Uninstalled AI Suite and installed the latest Corsair Link software
  3. Started to try registry hack, but the device has no entry in registry, I imagine because it isn't recognized in device manager.
  4. Unplugged all other USB2 wires connected to mobo, kept USB3 wires connected to USB3 headers
  5. Removed all but a single stick of RAM
  6. Ofcourse rebooted (many times) after each thing I tried

My setup: I connected USB cable to USB header on mobo. SATA connected to SATA power cable coming from PSU. Radiator fans connected to pump fan connectors. 3 pin (that has one wire, so 1-pin) connected to CPU_FAN header on mobo.

On POST, BIOS reports it couldn't find a CPU fan so the 1-pin that i've connected to the CPU_FAN header isn't reporting to the BIOS as it should.

Ofcourse, being that it isn't showing in device manager, it also isn't showing in the LINK software. My fans are running on full speed I believe (I can't check since LINK isn't working) and sounds loud.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Really frustrated at this point :)

Thank you all.

If it does not register on the fan header and in Device Manager, you are likely looking at a hardware defect in the unit. I am open to second opinions, but I think you have more than done your due diligence and should return it to the vendor as defective or contact Corsair Tech support to secure a replacement. Assuming you still have viable return options with the vendor, that is likely the fastest solution.

I have that motherboard and I had a similar problem with my H110i GT not being recognised, in the end I had to update my USB 3.0 drivers to the latest Intel ones before it would work. I know that it seems strange but sometimes the USB 2.0 won't work unless the USB 3.0 ones are working correctly.

If it does not register on the fan header and in Device Manager, you are likely looking at a hardware defect in the unit. I am open to second opinions, but I think you have more than done your due diligence and should return it to the vendor as defective or contact Corsair Tech support to secure a replacement. Assuming you still have viable return options with the vendor, that is likely the fastest solution.

I guess if nothing else works, that might end up being the case. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

I have that motherboard and I had a similar problem with my H110i GT not being recognised, in the end I had to update my USB 3.0 drivers to the latest Intel ones before it would work. I know that it seems strange but sometimes the USB 2.0 won't work unless the USB 3.0 ones are working correctly.

I am very happy you chimed in, desperate to try any new solution, hehe :) That is interesting and will definitely give it a try. Would you by any chance have a link to those USB 3 drivers? I installed the ones from the ASUS site for this mobo. Will look around for the Intel version of those drivers as you have stated.

Thank you

Yes, USB issues can be frustrating and arise out of a myriad of things, however I am concerned the BIOS and fan header do not register a device. That is a one way path from the cooler to the board. If nothing shows, then the path is either compromised or no signal is being sent. Both are hardware problems and not solvable through ordinary means.

Yes, USB issues can be frustrating and arise out of a myriad of things, however I am concerned the BIOS and fan header do not register a device. That is a one way path from the cooler to the board. If nothing shows, then the path is either compromised or no signal is being sent. Both are hardware problems and not solvable through ordinary means.

What you're saying makes sense. But if it really is a USB driver issue, the LINK cable could be powering some part of the pump that has to do with reporting back to BIOS (via the 1-pin connector) its existence and speeds. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking and the unit is really defective :laughing:

At any rate, I will try finding the correct drivers for USB 3 and test to see if that fixes anything. Otherwise, it will prolly have to be RMA'ed. I will do that once I get home and will report back here on how that went.

@snapper69 since you have the same mobo, any direction to the links you used to install latest drivers for USB 3 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys.

if you just did the creators update the problem is the corsair software causing a bug

simple answer is download the latest version of corsdair link zip file, unzip it and run the installer (this will uninstall the link software) let it complete then rerun the install and install the software and bingo the device driver shows up and no longer do you have a usb driver problem....

its not the first time a windoz version change and a corresponding link update have caused something similar for me, but at least the same simple process works to fix it most times....

oh and I get the exact same problem half the time with my blue ray drive as well, no doubt since this refresh fixed the blue ray drive not existing (which is what the last update build version of windows caused) it had to break something else ..... hmm it also seems windows no longer likes my mobile ...

if you just did the creators update the problem is the corsair software causing a bug

simple answer is download the latest version of corsdair link zip file, unzip it and run the installer (this will uninstall the link software) let it complete then rerun the install and install the software and bingo the device driver shows up and no longer do you have a usb driver problem....

its not the first time a windoz version change and a corresponding link update have caused something similar for me, but at least the same simple process works to fix it most times....

oh and I get the exact same problem half the time with my blue ray drive as well, no doubt since this refresh fixed the blue ray drive not existing (which is what the last update build version of windows caused) it had to break something else ..... hmm it also seems windows no longer likes my mobile ...

Thank you very much for your advice. I tried it, unfortunately it didn't work. Still doesn't show in device manager nor does it show in the LINK software :(

I recently installed the Falls Creator's Update in hopes it would fix this issue. I was actually quite hopeful your solution would work, seems sane, but no go...

Thank you

if you open device manager does it show one or more items with a yellow triangle ?

i have found that sometimes you have to select such items and hit delete (or rioght click and select remove item) then hit the discovery button so that windows can "find" the correct device

it gets stuck especially with usb devices although i could never figure out why /

worst case scenario is doing a repair/refresh install from the windows 10 settings page, just select for it to reinstall windows and leave all your files alone (i keep mine on a separate drive from windows for this reason) I've had to do that with half the major updates since win 10 came out, never could figure out why its so retarded though

oh also found i had to update the software for Logitech mouse CUE and a bunch of other stuff as part of the creators update (and my gfx wouldn't work properly which meant i had to do a full clean download and reinstall of them too boot)

actually creators has been probably the single worst major update for windows 10 since so many things stopped working, oh and it added miracast despite me not having anything that's compatible with miracast only to spend 3 days trying to remove that feature ..... which itself has borked other things..... whole things been rather trying ....

if you open device manager does it show one or more items with a yellow triangle ?

i have found that sometimes you have to select such items and hit delete (or rioght click and select remove item) then hit the discovery button so that windows can "find" the correct device

it gets stuck especially with usb devices although i could never figure out why /

worst case scenario is doing a repair/refresh install from the windows 10 settings page, just select for it to reinstall windows and leave all your files alone (i keep mine on a separate drive from windows for this reason) I've had to do that with half the major updates since win 10 came out, never could figure out why its so retarded though

oh also found i had to update the software for Logitech mouse CUE and a bunch of other stuff as part of the creators update (and my gfx wouldn't work properly which meant i had to do a full clean download and reinstall of them too boot)

actually creators has been probably the single worst major update for windows 10 since so many things stopped working, oh and it added miracast despite me not having anything that's compatible with miracast only to spend 3 days trying to remove that feature ..... which itself has borked other things..... whole things been rather trying ....

Well no there are no items in my Device Manager with yellow triangle or showing a device that hasn't any drivers. I WISH it was at that point because then it would just be a driver issue. It just isn't showing period neither in device manager nor in 3rd party tools that show detailed info about connected USB devices.

I agree Windows 10's creator update has broken some things, but I can't imagine it stopping a device from listing in the device manager.

Have you tried switching your pc off, disconnecting the power lead, pressing the case power button on a few times, leaving it a few minutes then rebooting it?

No i have not tried that. I will give that a whirl. Also since you have the same mobo, could you link the USB 3 drivers you referred to in your earlier post please?

Thank you

Archived