Corsair Community

K90 Driver Installation Issue

WskOsc

I own both an M90 and K90 and I've just had to reinstall Windows and now the driver setup program keeps asking me to plug the K90 into a USB port and refuses to continue. However, the keyboard is connected to a USB port, I'm typing on it right now.

The M90 software installed without a problem.

I've tried using all different USB ports on my machine for the keyboard, none have yielded any different results, I've disabled UAC, run the installer as an administrator, tried compatibility modes, restarts, etc. Nothing seems to get this thing running.

It's worth noting that the firmware update utility also does not work, it fails at the first step.

A solution for this would be nice as the first time I installed the K90 software went without an issue.

Thankyou!

• Corsair Employee

Go into your windows 7 processes and kill everything K90 related do the following steps:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again.

Let me know of your results:.

I've confirmed that it works perfectly fine on my netbook which runs Windows 7 Home x86. The drivers installed first time on that and detected the keyboard without any issues whatsoever.

Archived