Corsair Community

[Ultimate Suggestion] RGB API (Please read me)!

Lou363.

Hello World!

RGB keyboards; What is the point of them for gaming? none!

I have always dreamed that games could send their own RGB theme: imagine the keys that can be pressed could light up, when you win your keyboard shines Green when you loose it shines Red! You could show the progress of a loading game, make a warning breathing effect when you are near death...

All this brings us to my idea: RGB API would be an open API that every keyboard manufacturer would be free to implement into their RGB product line. It would be implemented by game developers and it will allow the game to send to the RGB keyboard what color to show for each key to improve gaming experience.

I have requested this in many forum with no success and I really want a company like corsair to start my idea and I hope that corsair would make my dream come true just like they did with many of their product.

Thank you for reading my idea and I really hope that this thread won't stay hidden and will be the source of a great project!

If you have any critics, more ideas or you like it; don't hesitate to comment down below.

Sorry for my English I am French

Honestly I doubt the developers of those games just woke up and decided to waste time including integration with Razer SDK. Yes, they use an SDK too as far as I know. You can call it API if you want, but that's the same exact thing in the end.

Most likely Razer paid to get the developers to include that option, that's my opinion at least. I have not read or checked online to see if I'm right.

P.S.: back to your API idea, that would be impossible right now. A generic API means that EACH software/protocol for the devices MUST implement the same things, and that's just now how things work right now. Everyone creates its own USB protocol (since the first Corsair RGB devices release they have changed USB protocol at least 3 times as far as I know) and its own program that has specific/special features compared to other to appeal to consumers. If all application are the same that would level the field for everyone, and that's not what they want.

Archived