Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

I just tried out the open beta today, kudos to Corsair for supporting MacOS!

I do however see some changes to my keyboard that I did not expect. Some parts of the keyboard layout will be like on a native Apple keyboard, and some behave like I'm on Windows. This puts me in the situation where there are certain keys I cannot type whilst iCUE is running (works 100% like native Apple keyboard with iCUE not running, and all modifications I need is saved from my Windows machine to hardware profile, I have the K95 Platinum).

I am using Nordic/Norwegian layout.

Left square bracket ([) on this layout on a native keyboard is alt+8, on windows it is altgr+8. With iCUE running this behaves like a windows keyboard.

Left curly bracket ({) on this layout on a native keyboard is alt+shift+8, on windows it is altgr+7. None of the combinations works when iCUE is running, and I thus do not know how to type a curly bracket. (altgr+7 will type a pipe (|), which is native behavior with alt)

Any tips on what to do? I see no settings in iCUE or System Preferences which will modify this.

Hi all, link has been updated with v3.15.

As an additional note, we know of an issue with our current implementation of the audio driver that is causing applications to crash in Mojave macOS. We had a workaround to support surround sound in macOS (something that isn't technically available to us natively) but unfortunately with this OS version, our solution is no longer working properly. In iCUE 3.16, we will temporarily be hiding all audio devices as we remove the audio driver. We are working on a new solution to bring back surround sound to this platform but until we are confident there are no issues, audio will not be supported in the coming release in the software. You still will be able to, however, use the headset as a plug and play device.

Hello James, how you doing? I'm using the 2017 Macbook Pro for web-dev and I needed good mechanical keyboard but this time with more colors and lights so I purchased "Corsair K70 RGB MK.2" exactly 1 day ago. In fact less than 24 hours ago :)

Long story short, I got to use the following iCUE software versions and I think I found a bug I am not sure I can describe well now (but could do better job later):

iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg

I ran with this happy as hell and took the free "Stable Orb" profile from community.

I then added 1 custom "GRADIENT on keypress effect" so that SINGLE KEY gets "gradient fade in/out for 0.5secs"...and it worked as expected and applied effect only to "SINGLE KEY that was PRESSED"

...hours go by then to my surprise I see new update version "iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg" released (what a "purchase vs release" timing)

So I updated iCue to latest version (the original forum post link you replaced, and also announced couple days ago)....

So the bug I found seems to be as follows:

- unable to apply GRADIENT lightning effect to "SINGLE KEY ONLY" (the only key that was pressed)

- instead what happens is ALL KEYS get the effect applied

LUCKILY the old .dmg was in my osx trash still, so i REVERTED back to version "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg"

I guess I will have to perform another clean iCUE install (with restart) to be sure that I am not misleading you with flawed testing results (but I am not optimistic given I fiddled with it for a while and could no longer get it to work the same way as before the update.....even though it is basic lighting effect)

I uploaded my iCue profile file so that you can try it out yourself on both versions of the software to if my GREEN GRADIENT effects gets applied to only single-key-pressed (or all?)

EDIT:

i created quick GIF to show what happens.....when I press single key ALL KEYS light up that color instead of just one like in the older version "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg"

giphy.gif.e48291b20140e27cc845bcbe796563e1.gif

Question: are there any versions greater than "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg" but lower than "iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg"????????? (for now I have to use iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg)

Stable orb (key press terminal).cueprofile

Edited by techballer
new debug info

Is the Mac version of iCUE an official Corsair release, or was it the work of a forum member? I ask because I am having an issue with the software recognizing my MM800, and someone in another post recommended contacting Corsair Support for help. When I did, they told me, "Might be a firmware conflict because we do not have ICUE for mac. iCUE is only compatible with wiindows and I believe that the iCUE that you have was created by someone from the forums."

So the bug I found seems to be as follows:

- unable to apply GRADIENT lightning effect to "SINGLE KEY ONLY" (the only key that was pressed)

- instead what happens is ALL KEYS get the effect applied

Seems then like it's iCue wide and not just K95 RGB Platinum with which I have the exact same issue. But I don't have 3.14. laying around which had the lighting effect working perfectly

Hi James! Awesome software.

Unfortunately, I think there is a bug with the SW profiles for a keyboard (I'm using the K95).

My goal is to remap my keys to a standard Mac layout. The remapping seems not to work for any key on a SW profile.

My approach: SW Profile > Add action > Remap Keystroke > ALT key chosen on the layout > "Type Key" CMD. Nothing changes.

Same goes for changing the "1" to an "A" or something random.

Most interestingly, it works on Hardware profiles!

Any advice?

PS: One needs to use a trick to map all four control keys on a HW profile, but then it works fine. Just save that action to the library to be able to select the last key.

Edited by manax

Dear James,

Ive had the mouse for 3 months now. It was working fine even though the iCUE for Mac doesn't recognise it.

I updated the firmware on a PC and since then when I plug it on the Mac (works fine on windows though) I have malfunction. I can move the cursor. But the buttons stopped working.

Can you help me out?

Can someone advise me to why my RGB keyboard is not working on this Beta? I did put it on a Windows computer and updated the Firmware to 3.08. When I connect it to my Macbook Pro using macOS Mojave – 10.14, it will not recognize it? I was using CBK and wanted to try this Beta application. I did uninstall the CBK and rebooted. Installed the latest Beta version and rebooted again. It comes up with "No Device Connected". It does say that the RGB keyboards are supported. Can some please let me know what I can do to make it work? Thxs.

Can someone advise me to why my RGB keyboard is not working on this Beta? I did put it on a Windows computer and updated the Firmware to 3.08. When I connect it to my Macbook Pro using macOS Mojave – 10.14, it will not recognize it? I was using CBK and wanted to try this Beta application. I did uninstall the CBK and rebooted. Installed the latest Beta version and rebooted again. It comes up with "No Device Connected". It does say that the RGB keyboards are supported. Can some please let me know what I can do to make it work? Thxs.

Just updated the iCUE application to 3.16.56 and still getting "No Device detected!" message.. Please help.

Just updated the iCUE application to 3.16.56 and still getting "No Device detected!" message.. Please help.

Hello, I installed CBK next before iCue was released for macOS. First thing I had to do was to remove the CBK files from Application Support, Launch Agents, etc. Another use explained earlier in the thread how to get iCue to work because any trace of CBK Next could mess it up. Another thing you may have to do is run windows on your computer to update the firmware of your device (assuming you have never been able to connect it). If you had it previously connected you may want to check if the device is actually updated via the iCue firmware on macOS.

Hello, I installed CBK next before iCue was released for macOS. First thing I had to do was to remove the CBK files from Application Support, Launch Agents, etc. Another use explained earlier in the thread how to get iCue to work because any trace of CBK Next could mess it up. Another thing you may have to do is run windows on your computer to update the firmware of your device (assuming you have never been able to connect it). If you had it previously connected you may want to check if the device is actually updated via the iCue firmware on macOS.

I did uninstall CBK from every file location on my MAC before installing iCue. I did put it on a Windows computer and updated the Firmware to 3.08.*iCUE application to 3.16.56 and still getting "No Device detected!" message..

I did uninstall CBK from every file location on my MAC before installing iCue. I did put it on a Windows computer and updated the Firmware to 3.08.*iCUE application to 3.16.56 and still getting "No Device detected!" message..

Anyone? There has to be a fix out there, no?

I've noticed that after updating iCUE to latest 3.16 my Dark Core RGB lighting effects are freezing randomly after waking up Mac. Nothing hugely annoying but still seems to be a bug. Have noticed it 3 times now in 2 days.

I've noticed that after updating iCUE to latest 3.16 my Dark Core RGB lighting effects are freezing randomly after waking up Mac. Nothing hugely annoying but still seems to be a bug. Have noticed it 3 times now in 2 days.

I'm having the same issue with mine (the SE version). Most times it just doesn't seem to light up at all, whether the Mac went to sleep or not. I also notice that it will randomly change DPI settings also. I tend to keep it at the highest (third) setting, but there are times when it changes back to the lowest (first) on it's own.

For those having issues w/ Quicktime, I did the following steps:

• IMPORTANT: BACKUP YOUR PROFILES!! (and any other files you want catalogued like settings info and logs)
  • Quit iCUE
  • Open iCUE Uninstaller
  • Select CLEAN UP
  • Reopen iCUE
  • If your profiles are gone, import them back in

NOTES:

• During all this I had Quicktime open and playing a video, but I'm not sure this is necessary.
  • Not sure if this fixes VLC

Hope this helps.

For those having issues w/ Quicktime, I did the following steps:

• IMPORTANT: BACKUP YOUR PROFILES!! (and any other files you want catalogued like settings info and logs)
  • Quit iCUE
  • Open iCUE Uninstaller
  • Select CLEAN UP
  • Reopen iCUE
  • If your profiles are gone, import them back in

NOTES:

• During all this I had Quicktime open and playing a video, but I'm not sure this is necessary.
  • Not sure if this fixes VLC

Hope this helps.

Step 1: Update iCUE

Step 2: enjoy fixed version of iCUE