Corsair Community

7 LL120 Fan Orientation, hookup

mmorgan216

Hello all,

I am looking to correctly hook up 7 LL120 into a Lian Li Alpha 500.

I realize that each fan must be sequenced correctly and orientated correctly for the effects to work.

I will have 3 fans on front of case blowing air into case, 3 fans on top of case with the fans illuminated side facing the interior of case (blowing air out of case), and finally an exhaust at back of case.

Issue 1. Since fans at front of case, and fan at back of case will be visible at the same time, would like the effects to match.

See drawing: I have numbered the fans, the arrows indicate where I think the fan's directional markings should be placed. The hash mark on outer ring of each fan is used to demonstrate a sweeping light effect the fans can make.

Note Fans 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are synced, in my example the light effect will be at the 3 o'clock position.

They way I have drawn it, I realize that the pong effect will be off on fan 7 as the "bumper" effect will flash at top of fan, rather than at bottom. I can live with that, would rather have the rotational effects work.

Problem: Each channel on RGB hub only supports 6 fans. How to split up fans between the 2 RGB hubs and 2 LNP's that came with the 2 LL 120 3-paks to achieve my goal? Also bought the Commander Pro.

Thanks in advance for any help

IMG_0446.JPG.d9aa2910da51390980f917613840ded7.JPG

here is how mine is set up dude

note.. depending of effect chosen.. it may not sync both hubs 'together' and certainly wont play pong across the 7 fans correctly :(

i have 6 LL and 4 HD fans.. went for HD on thbe back of my radiator due to the LL fans only having the Lighting Loop on the intake side

QaJwdUK.jpg

Thanks Zotty, I have seen your schmatic before. It is very helpful.

I was hoping there was some trick, like using two RGB hubs to LNP to commander pro using usb that would get around the rgb hubs 6 fan limitations.

not that i am aware of dude unfortunately :(

• 4 months later...
here is how mine is set up dude

note.. depending of effect chosen.. it may not sync both hubs 'together' and certainly wont play pong across the 7 fans correctly :(

i have 6 LL and 4 HD fans.. went for HD on thbe back of my radiator due to the LL fans only having the Lighting Loop on the intake side

QaJwdUK.jpg

hi there am thinking of doing this the same but with 12 fans. can i control all 12 fan RGB doing what you have done ?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that will work. Two fan hubs on a single CoPro or NoPro.

And you can now sync them up with iCue.

Hello, I'm planning on buying 7 LL 120 fans for my case, I want to know if 2 node pros will work well with 6 on one hub and 1 (7th fan) on the other. Will that ping pong effect work well with this configuration?

The Pong effect only works with fans on the same channel ... so it'd work between the 6 on the on hub. You don't need 2 Node Pros unless you are also adding strips.

Depending on the layout of the case, you may be better off (effect-wise) with a 4/3 or 5/2 split.

The Pong effect only works with fans on the same channel ... so it'd work between the 6 on the on hub. You don't need 2 Node Pros unless you are also adding strips.

Depending on the layout of the case, you may be better off (effect-wise) with a 4/3 or 5/2 split.

I see, I was planning to buy 2x 3 pack LL120s and 1x LL140, 3 front intake, 3 top exhaust, 1x140mm back exhaust. Thought that pong effect would work :/. Thanks for the clarification!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I recently bought 4 corsair LL Series fans for my NZXT s340 elite case. 3 x LL120's and 1 x LL140. What I wanted to do with the fans was the knight rider/cylon eye effect and then I stumbled on someone using the old LINK software and the effect was called Pong in that program, but I don't see that effect anywhere in the iCUE software. Any chance someone here has either made the Pong effect for iCUE or perhaps can show me how to do it. I just can't seem to get a grasp on creating effects yet and the visor effect makes the lights go around in circles before moving onto the next fan, which I'm not a "FAN" of! (Yes, I went there!)

Oh ya, does anyone know when Corsair is going to add the repository of effects back into the software. It was there when I first downloaded iCUE but it never worked, then in an update, it was taken out and hasn't come back.

Thanks!

Pong is not there yet and I'm not sure if anyone has made it. From what I've heard, there are plans to add it back in but I don't have any idea when that would actually make it in. While it is popular, I doubt that it's a high priority item on the list right now (sorry).

Pong is not there yet and I'm not sure if anyone has made it. From what I've heard, there are plans to add it back in but I don't have any idea when that would actually make it in. While it is popular, I doubt that it's a high priority item on the list right now (sorry).

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I have searched for either a ready to import profile or a tutorial on how to create the effect, but as of yet, I've found nothing, so I'll just try being patient for Corsair to add it back in. Hopefully it won't take them too long!

Take care!

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I have searched for either a ready to import profile or a tutorial on how to create the effect, but as of yet, I've found nothing, so I'll just try being patient for Corsair to add it back in. Hopefully it won't take them too long!

Take care!

Hopefully not! But ... let's get the CPU usage down first, eh? Priorities ...

Archived