Corsair Community

From 1500v1 to 1500v2. Did I just downgrade?

Phreec

I've been through two pairs of Corsair Vengeance 1500(v1)s now because of the cable breaking at the volume controller.

I love the huge earpads and the audio wasn't bad for the price-tag so I picked up a pair of discounted v2's to replace my old pair and wow, these just sound... Awful!

The audio's so incredibly muddy and it's seems I'm back in Corsair Driver Hell; a pit I patiently waited in for months last time I got a pair of Corsair headsets. At least we can now mute the line-in to eliminate the white noise and pitching but I see nothing much has happened to the drivers since then.

For the price of ~60€ I could live with some annoyances (like everything above 2/100 volume steps to being incredibly loud) but I can't understand what went so wrong between the V1 and V2? My V1's were great for CS:GO while my V2's are just way too muffled and muddy.

I think I'll try my best at re-soldering the cable on my V1's or something. The V2's were a major disappointment. :/

Edit: I managed to get them to sound similar but not quite as crisp with further equalizer tinkering. The V1's had a relatively flat and neutral bass so dragging those down while upping the higher-mids and highs.

Also setup Equalizer APO following steps here and here.

Edit2: Just noticed my headset also having the dreaded constant high-pitched signal whenever the microphone is being utilized (teamspeak, skype, recording, etc) and it's further amplified if I hit the MUTE button on the cable...

seems corsair has not still fixed the too loud sound on the 1500 headset, my sound is on 2% and that is the lowest from 0% that van have, and example the youtube video sound that cant be changed on corsairs website makes the headset to have so high sound that i can hear the sound from an another room

Archived