Corsair Community

Matching C70 OD Green Paint?

oOSlushyOo

I am using a Cooler Master 4-in-3 Device Module so that I can remove the lower HDD cages and open up some better air flow. However, the module comes in a black and silver scheme. I would be using bondo and paint to cover up the Cooler Master logo and clean up some of the seams on it. The only thing in question is what spray can paint matches the stock C70 Green?

I am using a Cooler Master 4-in-3 Device Module so that I can remove the lower HDD cages and open up some better air flow. However, the module comes in a black and silver scheme. I would be using bondo and paint to cover up the Cooler Master logo and clean up some of the seams on it. The only thing in question is what spray can paint matches the stock C70 Green?

just take a part to a paint store,let them shoot the color and have them mix you some of rattle can...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I'm really late to the party and it probably doesn't matter but I think I figured this out.

First a bit of back story: I just picked up one these cases, open box, from Micro Center really cheap. It had some scratches and I wanted to touch it up. I got a can of Krylon from a local auto parts store. It was color number 4293, which is an Olive Green. It's a horrible match, leading me to do more research. By horrible, it's much too light of a green, sort of a watered down look, and the flat is, well, too flat. The case is somewhat glossy.

I thought this C70 green was some sort of Olive Drab, and thought it must match some military color. There are lots of web sites and forums where people are debating the proper paint colors for military vehicles and things and how colors have changed over time. It's all very confusing and I wasn't sure which color would be correct, even after weeks of on and off searching. Here are some color codes for what I thought might be correct: 319, 23070, 24087, 34087, but it's hard to tell from a picture on the internet.

Finally recently I saw that there is a guy selling small military paint samples on ebay so I bought a set. These came in yesterday. And the best match I can find is....

24052 USMC Forest Green

It's a semi-gloss, used from WWII to the present. It seems like an exact match from the sample.

It's not an Olive Drab (OD) color after all. No wonder I had a hard time figuring it out by searching online. I was going down the wrong path.

It seems exact from the paint sample so I just bought a can of spray paint. Shipping will take a while for spray paint, it can't be air shipped.

It's not cheap, but I hate the color I painted part of the case and one side panel now. I can't leave it like this.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll take a pic with the small sample next to the case.

ebay item numbers for paint samples and paint:

No, I'm not the seller.

I'm really late to the party and it probably doesn't matter but I think I figured this out.

First a bit of back story: I just picked up one these cases, open box, from Micro Center really cheap. It had some scratches and I wanted to touch it up. I got a can of Krylon from a local auto parts store. It was color number 4293, which is an Olive Green. It's a horrible match, leading me to do more research. By horrible, it's much too light of a green, sort of a watered down look, and the flat is, well, too flat. The case is somewhat glossy.

I thought this C70 green was some sort of Olive Drab, and thought it must match some military color. There are lots of web sites and forums where people are debating the proper paint colors for military vehicles and things and how colors have changed over time. It's all very confusing and I wasn't sure which color would be correct, even after weeks of on and off searching. Here are some color codes for what I thought might be correct: 319, 23070, 24087, 34087, but it's hard to tell from a picture on the internet.

Finally recently I saw that there is a guy selling small military paint samples on ebay so I bought a set. These came in yesterday. And the best match I can find is....

24052 USMC Forest Green

It's a semi-gloss, used from WWII to the present. It seems like an exact match from the sample.

It's not an Olive Drab (OD) color after all. No wonder I had a hard time figuring it out by searching online. I was going down the wrong path.

It seems exact from the paint sample so I just bought a can of spray paint. Shipping will take a while for spray paint, it can't be air shipped.

It's not cheap, but I hate the color I painted part of the case and one side panel now. I can't leave it like this.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll take a pic with the small sample next to the case.

ebay item numbers for paint samples and paint:

No, I'm not the seller.

Taking it to sherwin williams or some advance auto paint store and having them match it with their computer system is a great way, they can also help you find the right color and sheen. Keep in mind colors can change from age, sun exposure, and from production lot. If it is a small section just touch it up, if it is more noticeable, you can always repaint the whole panel. Just make sure to prep the surface properly to get good adhesion.

Archived