Corsair Community

H100i doesn't show up in Link Software?

creos7

1) I installed PSU 860i using the USB dongle and I DID see it in the Link Software! I could even control the fan and force it to run when the unit was under low load (just as a test)

2) A day later, I installed H100i, and in the process got rid of the USB dongle (to conserve mobo usb ports), so I plugged the PSU into the H100i extension port, and the H100i USB cable into the same mobo port as the dongle had been into

In the Link software I see NO H100i, and now the PSU has its fan and temp always at 0 which is incorrect.

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently build my latest desktop consisting of both an H100i and an AX860i. Since my Maximus V Formula motherboard only has two USB headers on it, I plugged the cooler into one and the PSU with Corsair Link dongle into the other. When my H100i showed up in CL but the AX860i didn't, I came on the forums and read that the PSU plugs right into the coolant pump. Either the instructions didn't explain that, or I just missed it.

Anyway after I did that, both components showed up in Corsair Link and was able to view/control them. So I plugged in the connector for my case front USB ports to the motherboard USB header where the PSU dongle was previously plugged in, and plugged in my keyboard and mouse into two of the front USB ports. After that, the cooler and power supply no longer showed up in Corsair Link anymore. I tried upgrading to the newest version of Corsair Link, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and tried swapping the USB headers, nothing worked.

It wasn't until I moved my computer to a different spot in the room and plugged the keyboard and mouse into rear USB ports that the cooler and PSU showed up in Corsair Link again. To confirm, I closed the program and moved both keyboard and mouse back to the front USB ports again and reopened Corsair Link again and sure enough the components were gone again.

So it seems to me that the USB headers on the motherboard don't provide enough power to run an H100i, an AX860i, a keyboard and a mouse all at the same time for some reason. This might not apply to everyone, but it kind of fixed the problem for me anyway.

So it seems to me that the USB headers on the motherboard don't provide enough power to run an H100i, an AX860i, a keyboard and a mouse all at the same time for some reason. This might not apply to everyone, but it kind of fixed the problem for me anyway.

Reply With Quote.

it really isnt a power issue but a confusion of the data being transmitted since at the m/b the ports are basically shared,some devices play together,some do not.

i hope i explained it properly

man, i was hoping today as a business day corsair will finally announce the fix... it's really crazy that we can't control anything :(

i like corsair but the link software is such a huge part of the reason i went with them... so disappointing.

Like mz0rz posted above. This 'fix' will get the Link software up and running. Corsair are working on an update. In the mean time you can run this fix. (Note the values you change. You can restore them back to original values later before running the new updated Link when it arrives.)

i don't want to do that, such hacks tend to cause issues down the line that you CANNOT fix since you'll never remember you did that and won't even occur to you to revert or that it's related. these types of "hack" fixes can have long term subtle issues that just never go away.

i will wait for a proper patch. alas, another week with no word from corsair....

Does anyone know what the 6 week promised wait elapses? I read Corsair said the fix should be out in 4-6 weeks but not sure when that statement was made. I realize that is not a firm ETA but still a decent upper-bound guidance.

Thanks.

Does anyone know what the 6 week promised wait elapses? I read Corsair said the fix should be out in 4-6 weeks but not sure when that statement was made. I realize that is not a firm ETA but still a decent upper-bound guidance.

Thanks.

that would be around the 3rd of December and yes that is an estimate ,assuming everything goes according to plans...

There is an article from MS regarding this issue and the fix.

And yes the article is dated 22nd of October.

Easiest fix is to add one line into the *.inf file of the Software Installation (it does the same as the so called "hack" does = disabling the Advance Powermanagement on the device).

thanks. if it's that simple why doesn't corsair just release the registry patch? sounds trivial. clearly, it's not THAT Simple, or they are worried about it potentially not working on all devices. either way it's making me think i shouldn't do it.

did that workaround come from corsair directly?

thanks. if it's that simple why doesn't corsair just release the registry patch? sounds trivial. clearly, it's not THAT Simple, or they are worried about it potentially not working on all devices. either way it's making me think i shouldn't do it.

did that workaround come from corsair directly?

this precisely the problem as theres countless possibilities of system configurations they have to deal with.,some think its as easy as controlling fans but it isnt...

Archived