Corsair Community

Corsair h150i pro and Lighting Node pro problems

techiepie

So just started my first build. for cooling I bought the Corsair h150i pro as well as 6 LL 120 fans. After installing all of them and doing a test boot the fans and h150 worked. All RGBs were lit and fans spinning. After shutting it down and coming back later to put on the os, the fans spun, but small sections of RGB of 3 fans were lit, the other three were completely dark. The h150 on the other hand showed no rgb and when looking into the bios there was no reading for the AIO Pump. After downloading iCUE and Corsair Link both node and h150 are not detected by my system either. Nor does it show in Device Manager or USBDeview. The 2 USB 2.0 ports the 2 are connected two are fine. I've made sure I've put the cables into the correct port. SATA cables are providing adequate power. I've checked the bios :enabled XHCI, disabled fast boot, legacy is enabled. I've read different forums of people with similar problems and tried the different suggestions to fix it. But to no avail have I figured out the solution. I'm new to the whole pc building and not very knowledgeable, so if anyone has any idea of what I might be doing wrong/what I can fix.

Thank you in advance for the help :)

If it doesn't show in USBDeView, then it won't show in iCUE. Since you've already tried some of the first steps, try this - with the system running and Windows booted, unplug the USB header on the devices (cooler, LNP) and then plug it back in and see if it comes up then.

As for the AIO in the BIOS - that's just a speed reading off of the AIO_PUMP fan header that's on the motherboard. It's not really specific to any AIO; it's just a fan header that had Q-FAN control disabled by default. It is useful for some earlier/simpler AIOs but has absolutely no use for the Corsair H150. If you installed the cooler per instructions, this will be connected to CPU_FAN and that will give you an idea of the pump speed. It's there to prevent a CPU_FAN warning in the BIOS and gives you a warning if the pump completely fails.

If it doesn't show in USBDeView, then it won't show in iCUE. Since you've already tried some of the first steps, try this - with the system running and Windows booted, unplug the USB header on the devices (cooler, LNP) and then plug it back in and see if it comes up then.

As for the AIO in the BIOS - that's just a speed reading off of the AIO_PUMP fan header that's on the motherboard. It's not really specific to any AIO; it's just a fan header that had Q-FAN control disabled by default. It is useful for some earlier/simpler AIOs but has absolutely no use for the Corsair H150. If you installed the cooler per instructions, this will be connected to CPU_FAN and that will give you an idea of the pump speed. It's there to prevent a CPU_FAN warning in the BIOS and gives you a warning if the pump completely fails.

I see, cool thanks. So now when I plugged in the cooler to the CPU_FAN it gave me a CPU fan error. I disabled the CPU Fan monitor in the BIOS and it starts up fine. The AIO does seem to be working right since my cores are sitting nicely around 23~25C. So now it just figuring out why the LNP and cooler are not being detected by the system. I tried the unplug and replug method for the USB headers, but still nothing. some of the fans partially light up but still no detection from Device Manager and USBDeView

Have you tried using a standard cable and plugging them into the rear IO?

Also, this is a new build, right? Did you install the chipset drivers?

So I tried plugging the cables into the rear IO. RGB worked and everything. I also got my rgb strips as well as the commander pro in the mail and connected everything through that. And wouldn'tcha know the system recognized it and now everything works lol. Thanks you your help and suggestions Dev. Even though the problem sorted itself out with a simple hub change.

Archived