Corsair Community

2 Fans Not Lighting - 2 x RGB Fan LED Hub + 1 Commander Pro = 4 out of 6 lit fans

mrosenbu

Hi all - first time poster here. Just finished building my new rig, and all is well with the exception of 2 fans not lighting up. Here's my config.

1 x Commander Pro - plugged into the USB 2.0 Header on my MoBo along with the requisite SATA Cable. I do have my h150i Pros' USB 2.0 header plugged into the Commander Pro. Thought I should highlight it, as my MoBo only has 1 x USB 2.0 header.

1 x RGB Fan LED Hub - This has 3 x LL120's plugged into it (Front Case Fans). This is plugged into Port #1 on the Commander Pro. The SATA cable is plugged in as well. All 3 fans are recognized by Corsair Link (latest version), and I have full RGB control of them. No issue here. FWIW, each fan is plugged into the CPU Block Headers coming off my h150i Pro (these fans are cooling the radiator down). The fans are not plugged into the Commander Pro. That shouldn't matter though. I don't have an issue with Fans spinning.

1 x RGB Fan LED Hub - This has 3 x HD120's plugged into it (Top 2 case fans and 1 rear case fan). This is plugged into Port #2 on the Commander Pro. The SATA cable is plugged in as well. Here's where things get interesting. The ONLY fan that I can gain RGB control is the fan that I plug into Port #1 on the 2nd RGB Fan LED Hub. I have tested each fan, and each one lights up when plugged into Port #1 on the RGB Fan LED Hub. If I plug any of the other 2 fans (doesn't matter which ones) into Ports 2 and 3, I get nothing. Only Port #1 works.

I've swapped the order above, to see if I have a bad RGB Fan LED Hub, and nope - the same exact thing happens when I plug the LL120's into the 2nd RGB Fan LED Hub and the 3 x HD120's into the first RGB Fan LED Hub.

Does anyone have any ideas? I figured that if I can get all 3 fans to light up, individually, by way of plugging each one into Port #1 on the 2nd RGB Fan LED Hub, then I've proven that each fan works, right? Also, by recreating the issue by swapping RGB Fan LED Hubs, I've proven that it's not an issue with the RGB Fan LED Hub, right?

What else could it be? This is really, really strange. Any help any one can offer would be most appreciated.

In summary

1 x Commander Pro

2 x LED Hub

3 x LL120's (into Hub 1 - Port 1 on the CPro)

3 x HD120's (into Hub 2 - Port 2 on the Cpro)

3 x LL120's work

1 x HD120 works (whichever LED header is plugged into Port 1)

Thanks all!

Matt

Archived