Corsair Community

Corsair H105 installation - Bad Temp on new Rig

djispj

I just got done putting together a new rig and I am getting unstable CPU Temperature.

Cooling unit - Corsair H105

CPU - i7 5820k 3.3Ghz Haswell

So far I've done the following..

With the pre-applied thermal paste from the Corsair H105 - The temperature started rising and it never ended until I shut it manually off. It got up to 89 C really fast.

I have re-applied thermal paste using Arctic Silver and then I got a stable idle at 50 C

I applied it again and then I got results of temp rising slowly from 40 C..to 62 and it kept going up but slowly.

One of the pipes of the pump feels like it's not pumping anything while the other I can feel something moving in there. Also when I press it down on the coil the temperature comes down all the way to 39 degrees.

What seems to be the problem?

and No I have not changed any settings. This is under the BIOS section and I haven't even installed the Windows yet..

Update: Before I gave up here's how my last session went. The last session of re-applying thermal paste went decent but I still don't know whether should I stick with this or not since my other PC runs 27-32 C on idle.

The results were that it booted at 29-30 degrees within 5 minutes it went up to 37 degrees and then the next 15 minutes it got up to 42 degrees MAX. It stayed around 42-43 back n' forth Idle on the BIOS.

I also noticed something about the Pump pipes. One of those feels like it's running like it suppose to be. I can feel the vibration on one and the other one feels like its very silent. I compared this with my other PC's pump which are not the same but it has 2 pump pipes like this one does. Think maybe my cooler is defective?

Yes all the fans are running fine and yes the pump fan is connected the the motherboard directly. Yes I followed instructions to the manuals and the connected the pump in right manner. The pump coil also moves left and right when its seated tightly on the CPU. I find that weird.

Archived