Corsair Community

K70 RGB Gaming

GFDuke

The drivers are constantly failing. I have had to re-install CUE 5 times in a week now. After I install I works fine until I turn the pc off. Then when I boot back up the keyboard fails to work. So I open up CUE and it says no device installed please install a device. This is ridiculous.

You need to be a bit more specific, also if you wanted official support you could've opened a ticket.

Is it so that on reboot CUE is active but not driving the keyboard?

In that case try killing CUE from the background.

Have you tried both usb 2.0/3.0?

-Rvh

This happens to me about 70% of the time I boot up my system, but it's not such an earth shattering issue for me. I simply quit CUE from the task bar and reload it ... problem solved. It takes all of 5 seconds to accomplish.

My guess is that CUE is loading before the USB 3.0 system is fully up and running, preventing proper identification of the keyboard.

EDIT: Oops ... my mistake reading posting times. Apologies.

My point is that I shouldn't have to do anything like quit CUE and reboot. That's ridiculous. I am using the 3.0 usb port. Yes cue is active on boot but not recognizing the keyboard.

I didn't open a support ticket because this is the first obvious place to start. Especially with something like a simple keyboard. Stuff should work, like a $200.00 keyboard.

corsair.thumb.jpg.1f76195efe89b7b5d470e6ccb8ca3275.jpg

I understand your pain. A lot of people seem to have similar problems. I, at the moment, am one of the lucky ones that doesn't.

It doesn't affect all; It is clearly system specific (hardware?/software? Maybe a combo) and no one really seems to have a handle on it yet. What works for some, doesn't for others.

But, like most forums, this is not an official, support route. Users here are pretty helpful and Corsair do sometimes post, but there is no point raging if someone doesn't jump on your issue. Probably the reason for no post is no one really knows. There are various suggestions here that have worked for some, but none work for all.

If you want guaranteed support for your, yes expensive, keyboard then you need to raise a support ticket.

Thanks for your wisdom and letting me know the forums and people in it are as useless as the keyboard. If the problem is so common place then someone must have a fix for it. Someone must have contacted support and would have a cure other than just letting everyone who has the problem just say f-it and suck it up.

Thanks for your wisdom and letting me know the forums and people in it are as useless as the keyboard. If the problem is so common place then someone must have a fix for it. Someone must have contacted support and would have a cure other than just letting everyone who has the problem just say f-it and suck it up.

Do you want some cheese with that whine? People are less inclined to help someone who resorts to insults when they don't get their way. People are trying to help you, acting like a 2 year old won't do you any favors.

Sigh....really!

I was not just saying suck it up, just the opposite in fact. I was saying:

1. This is a complex problem with many possible causes and no one, community or Corsair have really got to bottom with all of them. There are many threads here discussing them, you are free to try the various solutions and workarounds out.

2. It sucks, but this a fact and if people are not replying that is probably why.

3. That the official support which you get for your hard earned cash is that from raising a ticket, not from posting here. So here is not the place to complain when you do not get an instant response.

If you are not happy I understand, but insulting people, especially those you supposedly want help from, is hardly going to help!

Do you want some cheese with that whine? People are less inclined to help someone who resorts to insults when they don't get their way. People are trying to help you, acting like a 2 year old won't do you any favors.

Thanks for your help.

The order that applications and hardware boots up IS important, since some devices and their drivers are dependent on other things being loaded first. This isn't Corsair's fault, nor is it your fault ... it just is. This is the foggy, drizzly world of PC computing and the magical marvelous mysterious goo ball of the "universal" serial port.

sigh, i guess that golf course in the background says enough... shrug... Tiger Woods did it too.[/joke]

it's just Asmedia, which is being worked on... for now the only thing you could resort to is different USB ports or a different hard drive.

having CUE on my SSD it behaves differently as on my HDD.

Good luck with whatever Keyboard you finally settle :).

Archived