Corsair Community

Lights Frozen when pressing lock keys multiple times

frewp

Yup, title states the issue I'm having.

Once I press the caps lock key about 3-4 times in a quick session the lights freeze and I either have to unplug it and plug it back in (which sometimes doesn't work as Utility will crash) or restart my computer. I tried plugging it into a different USB and it fixed the issue for about 1 minute. I'm using USB 3.0 with a Asus Maximus mobo. Other then that the keyboard works fine, I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed with upcoming updates, as I am not the only one with this issue. :confused:

This issue also happens with scroll lock/num lock so it's with the lock keys, but since I don't use those keys it doesn't bug me as much as caps lock.

I have found a temporary fix for the capslock and numlock spam LED freeze.

Whenever the LED lights would freeze or the keyboard malfunction, I would just change the bios from any of 1,2,3,4 and it would instantly fix the keyboard. Thus, no need of restarting the pc or unplugging and plugging of the keyboard.

Note: This is not a fix. Corsair should make a firmware fix for this.

I have found a temporary fix for the capslock and numlock spam LED freeze.

Whenever the LED lights would freeze or the keyboard malfunction, I would just change the bios from any of 1,2,3,4 and it would instantly fix the keyboard. Thus, no need of restarting the pc or unplugging and plugging of the keyboard.

Note: This is not a fix. Corsair should make a firmware fix for this.

Does they keyboard freeze if you try running it in one of those modes? (other than BIOS mode)

Does they keyboard freeze if you try running it in one of those modes? (other than BIOS mode)

Yes, the LED lights of the keyboard does freeze whenever i Spam the capslock and numlock keys.

Switching the keyboard bios, either from 1 to 4, would enable the keyboard to reboot itself without having the hassle of unplugging and plugging or restarting the pc to make the keyboard lights work again.

A Fix is very much needed for this one

Note: I have K70 RGB Brown Keys model number CH-9000065-NA

Bumbing to let it get more attention, also having the same problem so.

Hope to get a fix as soon as possible since the caps lock freeze happens from time to time and it's annoying, using USB 3.0 and to fix it i just unplug my keyboard and plug it in again, but annoying to do so this needs more attention!

Happy new year! :biggrin:

Is CUE crashing? Or an lighting effect just stops mid animation?!

I'm asking, because I'm trying to reproduce it. The only thing I sometimes see when I have e.g. the megarainbow profile active, is that the animation gets micro stutters when I spam the caps lock or roll key. But I have to look really hard.

Newest firmware and CUE with a K70 connected over USB3. Same MoBo BIOS and chipset driver as before I had the K70, means I didn't update anything (Asus P8P67, bios and drivers from I think 2013).

I hope you guys get a fix soon.

Cheers.

Same here when i press the caps lock many times all the lights just freeze and wont continue the effects/patterns. I hope this is just aa fixable bug that Corsair can fix, if not I'm worried what is wrong with these keyboards.

(Got my Corsair k65 rgb keyboard today 1/3/15)

Archived