Corsair Community

Space bar

Goat1

I have a K65 RGB and the space bar feels like crap. Much lighter than the other keys and louder. Almost feels like a plastic kids toy compared to the other keys. Do all the RGB keyboards feel this way? Pretty disappointing..

I just received my non-RGB K70 and if it is the same space bar, then I would have to say yes. I ordered a non-RGB myself because I liked the textured space I had seen in every picture of it online. It seems that Corsair has changed even the non-RGB keyboard to have the space they designed for the RGB version of the keyboard, and it absolutely feels flimsy and is already showing wear an hour after I've received the keyboard.

The space bar is terrible. I almost hate typing on the keyboard because of that. Why can't someone just get a keyboard right,is it really that hard? Logitech Orion spark,no open SDK and its big,not a fan of the keys. Razer Chroma,no open SDK,no dedicated volume controls. Really? If someone could pull all this together,it would be the go to keyboard. Corsair is the closest to doing it right,but they are still missing a few key things.

The feel of the space bar alone is almost enough for me to take this keyboard back. The only thing is,this is the only keyboard that has an open SDK. I like the things you can do with this keyboard. Why oh why can't someone just make a keyboard that has everything?

I feel ya Goat. I'm new here, so it took me a min to find the support ticket thing after I made my thread about this, but I agree, it's enough to make you go wtf at this spacebar.

I made a ticket about mine because I bought the non-RGB, and this by everything online in pictures has the old textured spacebar, so I'm hoping that support will consider that, maybe I can get away with a replacement spacebar being sent out to me that was used for the non-RGBs. Otherwise it's a question of do I want to keep it with this silly spacebar?

It feels like a kids toy and its annoying when the rest of the keyboard is of high quality. How does someone test this keyboard with a space bar like that and say,damn,that feels good. Ready for production.. If it wasn't for the size and the open SDK,I'd take it right back and get the Razer Chroma again.

I doubt the key is lighter, did you weight it? Also, what switch do you have?

I'm assuming the pressure required feel less because of the fact it's the largest key on the entire keyboard. I don't understand what you mean by 'it feels like a kids toy', that's a bit subjective.

In the end if the spacebar feels so wrong to you, there keycaps for sale. You could get a heavy one made of ABS?

I personally enjoy typing on this keyboard, I dread going back to work on the horrible rubber domed KB we have. Probably going to end up buying a K70 for work.

The K65 RGB only comes with red switches. The space bar feels much different than the other keys. It feels flimsy and cheap. It really take half the effort the other keys take to press. It has a lot of play in it also and is noisy. Very annoying. Wonder if I got a bad one or something.

• Corsair Employee

All of the bigger keys on our keyboards use Cherry stabilizers. Some may like it more than others, but the benefit of why we chose to use them is because they allow the key to be removeable (for cleaning). Other types of stabilizers are not as easy to do so.

The textured spacebar was removed from the RGB keyboards to keep the costs low. If there is a lot of demand, I can see if I can have the factory send some to mail out. At the moment, I do have some coming but those who got non-RGB keyboards and didn't get a textured spacebar have priority on them at the moment.

If it bothers you too much maxkeyboard.com makes a translucent black spacebar that will fit any corsair keyboard. It won't match the other keys perfectly but it's still a very viable option. I do love the textured spacebar on the original K70 though, I wish that was for sale as an accessory item. Here is a picture of what it looks like on my K65 http://i.imgur.com/yF8ibb9.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hello, I reply here because I found this forum post through Google and would like to speak related to this discussion.

The textured space....

I don't like it, because of the possible feeling, as one user said.

I almost hate typing on the keyboard because of that.

I tried to ask the support if you can replace the textured one with a non-textured one. And we had like small clarification issues, they said you can replace broken ones.

So this kinda leaves me to an end road of not being able to find a keyboard. I'm a laptop user and yeah maybe a bit sensitive about that.

But it's interesting to me, who or what convinced someone to add that textured spacebar on all keyboards?

I still prefer 96% keyboard layouts but there are none or many at all in reachable distance. Then I see other keyboards and there was just that space bar. And there was an older one called CORSAIR 70KB, that one had a normal spacebar.

I mean I don't believe it is hard to offer textured and non-textured keycaps. I mean there's one where you can exchange WASD and I don't believe that there can be an issue to manufacture a spacebar keycap piece from some machine.

Edited by karl-police