Corsair Community

K70 RGB Media Key "Pause" problem

revo91

I received my K70 RGB MX Brown CH-9000065-NA today. I noticed that my music stops and starts randomly when i move keyboard on my desk, also when i lift it even a bit. It turns out to be a problem with media pause key. Its too sensitive, like a touchscreen but more sensitive, a alot more than screen on my Xperia Z2 for example. Even when I press media key next to it ("next track") it still registers as a click on pause button. The question is: am I the only one with this problem? and what can I do about it? RMA is out of question since i live in Poland, therefore shipping costs are too high, and I bought if off amazon.com. Looks like its a hardware problem and new firmware won't help. Thanks in advance

That's disappointing. I opened a ticket and will see. I have to remap this key to some foreign language key to use this keyboard. Can't believe nobody else had this problem.

Edit: Pause button is actually pressed all the time. I remapped it to "k" letter and opened Ms word and it was spamming "k" all the time, ocasionally stopping when touching the key or when doing things I described in 1st post. Guess I'll have to pull this button somehow and try to repair it on my own. But first gonna see how corsair will respond to this.

Anyone tried to pull out one of the media keys? Is it possible without damaging anything? Like using two knives on both sides or even fingernails? Without disassembly ofc. It must be something with length of the switching mechanism and I would probably be able to fix it on my own.

Ticket 6534350. I would replace, if it was possible somewhere in europe at least, not from amazon.com in NA. I was aware of software/firmware problems and accepted it. But nobody mentioned about hardware problems and I had to be that "lucky" to be the first. On the top of that I basically can't RMA it because I bought this keyboard from a shop located thousands kilometers away from me (had no other choice, since nowhere else it was available). Guess i'll have to live with that somehow.

229$ (169$ + taxes, shipping) and such things happening. I was expecting a little more from one of the most expensive keyboards in the world at the moment.

Is this possible to remap this key to "empty"? In other words, when its pressed it does nothing, but lights up just like every other one? It would be ok compromise for me.

• 2 months later...

I have similar problem with my K70 RGB MX Brown CH-9000065-NA.

media keys are buggy and using them causes random pause in playback.

sometimes even volume knob cause pause. have to live with it

or pay high shipping price. this is the risk of early adopters

I dont know what you did to get your shipping costs covered. but i wasn't offered such option. i got a refund from amazon on import tax so i'm looking at possible customs tax if they catch it, VAT - as local law states that if i get a new serial number it is considered new product and has to be charged VAT in addition to outgoing shipping costs so i'm looking for possibly 88$ which is almost half the keyboard costs

I contacted Corsair through their suppport and they just asked me for invoice from amazon. I attached it, and then got a prepaid shipping label on email. I had to send the keyboard to Netherlands. So i didn't have to send it to amazon in US

Turns out you can!

asked on the forum.

Right click the key on the CUE and Clear (last option) .

Problem solved! and now i can use all other media keys without a problem.

It's kinda confusing since the name of the key still shows this is why i wasn't sure it can be done when i tried on my own

Paying 90$ for a Play\Pause is just excessive.

Archived