Corsair Community

lights come on after shutdown

reanimated35

So this is a new thing. Shut down my computer tonight and all was well for a minute or so, then the keyboard decided to light itself up. Hadn't done that before. Tried to unplug and connect it again, same issue. It's stuck in demo mode.

Tried to restart PC and see if I could shut down again but the keyboard wouldn't respond and I couldn't log in to windows.

Help!

• 2 weeks later...
Happens to me sometimes as well. It's very annoying. I don't want the keyboard lights to waste away while nobody is around to appreciate them. I've had countless keyboards and this is the first one where the lights won't shut off (num lock seems to always stay on, no matter what).

A temporary workaround is to disable USB power when the system is powered off through the BIOS. We are aware of this issue with some boards and are looking into it. You can also use the dimmer button to turn off the lighting.

Hey James, glad to know that Corsair is well aware of this issue and working on a fix perhaps?

Just FYI, as long as the power at the wall socket is ON, but the PC is NOT powered on, the K70 will 'comes to life'.

What I'm doing now is: When I decide to on my PC, I'll switch on the power at the wall socket and power up the PC. Cannot wait till the KB comes to life, otherwise, it'll be unresponsive when the PC get to the log in screen.

During powering off, have to make sure the power at the wall is off.

Thanks!

I ran into this issue one night last week and a couple times today - had to restart my computer to fix it. Happened again today when running through some bio setting restarts. It seems to happen when the keyboard and CUE go out of sync, e.g. if the keyboard is not recognized by the software when the system is shutting down. It's like the keyboard isn't smart enough on its own to turn off when the system powers down, it needs a command from the software to do so.

Could be entirely wrong, but hey, i always reserve the right to be incorrect.

I think the problem is what James had said. Although the PC is shut down BUT power NOT switched off at the wall, the USB power is still alive. Thus feeding power to the KB.

Once the power at wall is switched off, the KB will not lit up by itself.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have the same problem with my K95 rgb keyboard since i first updated it, even now with FW 1.30 and bootloader 0.11 polling rate 1000Hz / 1ms. I know that it only does it when my pc loses power to the power supply e.g a power cut or in my case running out of credit on a pre paid meter. I have an extensive bios and i know that the option needed is power on state "which is currently set to" - 'last power state' if i changed it to 'power on' the pc would boot as soon as the psu receives power again since a power cut. but that is no help. so the other option would be "power on by keyboard input or mouse" ect.. which i have off on both windows and in the bios but it still does it. and when i try to boot the pc with the keyboard left in the demo state the bios says no keyboard detected "beep beep".

In short the K95 RGB is the only usb device i have ever had power on, after a power cut by its self. all the light come on and it goes through a demo mode it seems. i have had this pc and bios for 4 years only change has been a gpu. used over 4 different keyboards and 3 different mouses currently using a R.A.T 7.

The only trick i found myself is to press CTRL ALT together and then the keyboard resets for 1 minute , EXAMPLE...so you start the pc with the keyboard still in demo mode "not detected by bios or windows" then press CTRL ALT and windows will connect to it with in a second. simple fix for now.

But i have not found any fixes to completely stop the lights coming on after a loss of power, its is 100% the firmware of the keyboard at fault....

WHEN YOU GOING TO FIX THIS BUG CORSAIR, THE POS KEYBOARD COST ME £200 ! ! ! ! every update you do fails to address the main issue these keyboards have, fix the bloody lights ASAP. why can no one patch anything properly any more :('''

Archived