Corsair Community

CMSA4GX3M1A1066C7 does not work with MacBook Pro 13 mid-2009

macbookpro13

This is what the Apple support page says for RAM upgrade:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) and MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)

Number of memory slots 2

Base memory 4 GB

Maximum memory 8 GB

Memory card specifications - Double Data Rate Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module (DDR3) format

-30mm (1.18 inch)

- 2 GB or 4 GB

- 204-pin

- PC3-8500 DDR3 1066 MHz type RAM

Additional notes For best performance, fill both memory slots, installing an equal memory module in each slot.

Would DDR3L be a low voltage ram? Cos that's what is being specced at Apple.

Googling around, places list 1.5V as "low voltage"

I don't see any other Corsair memory which matches my computer, besides this one, and this memory doesn't work. I get the 3-beeps error when I try to startup. Googling that suggests "no good banks" in my memory. I even tried the sticks one at a time. Two bad sticks? From two different lot numbers?

Macbook, I am sorry there has not been much activity here in the forums. It's usually really not like this unless they have a huge backlog around the holidays.

Sure seems as if you have tried just about everything and it might be best to get the memory direct from apple in this case.

I'm betting the issue is the construction of the modules them selves. Any of corsairs DDR3 modules would be made with 512x8 IC's and your system with the core two duo might be restrickted to modules made of 256x8 IC's.

Also , pleasse as per the forum rules you need to allow up to 24 hrs or so before you might recieve an official answer from Corsair or bumping posts. You can always go back and edit your original post.. Please try to be patient.

You could also call their toll free number for CS and they also would be able to help.

• 2 months later...

Hi, i bought 2x4GB of this RAM model and have exactly the same problem. The references on label are: 171271 - 125107944 and 171183 - 125107944 for both SODIMM. It's not possible to test the memory as requested in RMA since laptop does not start.

With actual SODIMM's 2x1GB no problem at all.

• Administrators
Hi, i bought 2x4GB of this RAM model and have exactly the same problem. The references on label are: 171271 - 125107944 and 171183 - 125107944 for both SODIMM. It's not possible to test the memory as requested in RMA since laptop does not start.

With actual SODIMM's 2x1GB no problem at all.

Please start an RMA and we'll get them replaced.

• 5 months later...
hi, i have some problem with this thread starter.

what should i do to use this RAM on my mbp mid 2009 ?

or maybe can i get a return for corsair for my mbp? thx u

Please use the link on the left to request an RMA and then explain to them that you need a set that would work with the older MBP's.

You could even post your case number here in this thread and Ramguy or one of the other employee's can take a look and make the sure you get what you need.

Archived