Corsair Community

need help with ahci.

andypohl

hi guys i brought a corsair force 3 60gb a few days ago and am having massive problems enabling ahci mode when i went to install windows 7 64bit on the ssd it says i cannot because the drive is unbootable and cannot make a system partion. so i thought i would install in ide mode and change it in registry installtion was alright. go in registry to change msahci start value to 0 reboot change sata controller in bios from ide to ahci but keep getting an error saying "select a proper boot device or insert boot media". i have tried reinstalling windows serveral times and nothing. the ssd has the latest drivers installed (1.3.3) and reading on other forums their are a couple of people with exactally the same problem as me when they came from 1.2 to 1.3.x so can you downgrade the drivers to 1.2 or is that impossible?.

thanks

you havent listed your system specs in your profile, not enough info provided like what controller its on, marvel, intel etc..

sorry my bad im a bit of a noob at this :P its on an asrock m3a770de (nb:770 SB:710) connect to a sata 2 port.

unplug any other hdd on the system, install OS and choose additional drivers in the beginning when it asks, locate the raid and or chipset driver and let it install the drivers and see if it lets you continue. also delete the current partition, create it again and quick format not full. make sure the bios is set to boot from that sata port, check to see if the raid controller needs to be set to enabled. (even though you are not creating a RAID). check for the newest BIOS to see if indeed SSD support is considered. try all 4 ports.

there are a few harmless trial and error things to try.

keep us posted

unplug any other hdd on the system, install OS and choose additional drivers in the beginning when it asks, locate the raid and or chipset driver and let it install the drivers and see if it lets you continue. also delete the current partition, create it again and quick format not full. make sure the bios is set to boot from that sata port, check to see if the raid controller needs to be set to enabled. (even though you are not creating a RAID). check for the newest BIOS to see if indeed SSD support is considered. try all 4 ports.

there are a few harmless trial and error things to try.

keep us posted

thanks for that i have downloaded the latest sata drivers. and am gonna try reinstall tommorow morning (got work to do on pc tonight). will let you know if it works tommorow :) (heres hoping)

Archived