Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 16 GB Kit on Asus Sabertooth Z77 QVL Question

atinoco

Hey guys any of you guys know if the CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 model CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R work well with the Asus Sabertooth Z77?, the 8 GB kit (2x 4 GB) Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 it's in the QVL but the 16 GB kit isn't, are those the same modules in the 8 GB and the 16 GB kit? should I go for the 16 GB kit or get 2 or the 8 GB kits that are in QVL for compatibility? I'd rather get the 16 GB 4x4 GB matched kit if it's the same ram and if it's 100% compatible, since i might use the same memory next year if I upgrade to a quad channel motherboard.

http://www.overclock.net/image/id/2407289/width/600/height/242

thanks in advance for the feedback

-Andres

It's never recommended to combine kits.

Thanks for the reply...totally agree there, i just mentioned it cause I know many people do it...just an option i was considering.

I'm kinda guessing that the actual 4 GB modules are the same (same tech, same internal memory chips) in both the 2 x 4 GB Kit (in the QVL)and the 4 x 4 GB kit (NOT in the QVL)...anybody know this for sure? if that is true, then my guess would be that the 4 x 4 GB kit would be the same as two 2 x 4 GB Kits (IN the QVL) but tested to work together (what I'm looking for), I hope I make sense here. so my main concern now would be if CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 model CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R work well with the Asus Sabertooth Z77 even though the exact 4 x 4 GB kit it's NOT on asus QVL? considering that the similar 2 x 4 GB kits IS in the QVL.

I just went over the QVL list for the Sabertooth Z77 and there are NO Corsair 16 GB kits with speeds over DDR3 1600 in it...., that's why I'm trying to figure out if this 16 GB 4 x 4 GB DDR3 1866 kit is compatible

I hope i make sense

Archived