Corsair Community

My m.2 ssd will not boot windows and is not in readable in bios.

edgare1

I have recently built a computer and got the whole pc running without any problems. I was able to install windows on the mp500. The drive itself was working properly no issues that I could see. After getting all the programs I needed on it I went ahead and turned off the pc to install a mass storage hdd. The hdd didnt show up in windows so i decided to restart the pc once more. After that second restart windows would not start from the mp500. I disconnect any storage other than the mp500 and still could not get it to boot to windows. The drive is also not showing up in the bios. The windows repair tool says there is not readable drive. My ssd is not being read and I would like some assistance on the matter if possible. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may give me.

Not my pc its a pc I built for a friend so I will leave the specs down here:

MOBO: Gigabyte Z270P-D3

CPU: Intel Core i5 7500

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING (Single Fan)

OS BOOT DRIVE: Corsair Force MP500

Storage: Seagate 2TB BarraCuda SATA

RAM: 8GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 MHz (2 are in the system) I lent her an extra RAM stick that is the same exact model I bought the same time she bought hers.

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W 80+ White

Thanks again for any help ^_^

• Corsair Employee

Hello edgare1,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Unfortunately it looks like the drive or the slot itself is faulty. It looks like your motherboard only includes 1 M.2 slot so unless you have another system to test it with, I would suggest reseating the drive. If that doesn't resolve the issue please go ahead and submit a ticket at support.corsair.com and we'll see if we can look into this further or have the drive replaced under warranty.

• 6 months later...
Hello edgare1,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Unfortunately it looks like the drive or the slot itself is faulty. It looks like your motherboard only includes 1 M.2 slot so unless you have another system to test it with, I would suggest reseating the drive. If that doesn't resolve the issue please go ahead and submit a ticket at support.corsair.com and we'll see if we can look into this further or have the drive replaced under warranty.

What is reseating the drive. means? ( I have the same issue.) and one slot in the motherboard.

• 1 year later...
I have recently built a computer and got the whole pc running without any problems. I was able to install windows on the mp500. The drive itself was working properly no issues that I could see. After getting all the programs I needed on it I went ahead and turned off the pc to install a mass storage hdd. The hdd didnt show up in windows so i decided to restart the pc once more. After that second restart windows would not start from the mp500. I disconnect any storage other than the mp500 and still could not get it to boot to windows. The drive is also not showing up in the bios. The windows repair tool says there is not readable drive. My ssd is not being read and I would like some assistance on the matter if possible. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may give me.

Not my pc its a pc I built for a friend so I will leave the specs down here:

MOBO: Gigabyte Z270P-D3

CPU: Intel Core i5 7500

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING (Single Fan)

OS BOOT DRIVE: Corsair Force MP500

Storage: Seagate 2TB BarraCuda SATA

RAM: 8GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 MHz (2 are in the system) I lent her an extra RAM stick that is the same exact model I bought the same time she bought hers.

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W 80+ White

Thanks again for any help ^_^

Hey, I have the same problem as you, and I don't find the solution.

Have you got it ?