Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum Lighting gets stuck when switching profiles

cokewithvanilla

Hello, I have an odd problem that i hope you all can help with. I have gotten with corsair support, who have so far not been able to find a solution to the issues.

In detail, this is what happens.

I have three software profiles, every now and then, pressing to switch from profile one to profile two will cause the lighting to freeze on profile one. So, a rainbow wave will freeze to a static rainbow wave. Lighting will be stuck on profile one, however the actions will be for profile two. If you press the profile button again, the lighting profile switches to Profile 2, but the actions are now on profile three. It will continue being one profile off with the lighting until the keyboard is unplugged and plugged back in. This happens randomly. it happened at 9:27 this morning, and the last time it happened was Thursday mid day. Nothing seems to trigger it that i can tell. Nothing in windows event viewer, no logical reason i can see.

Things that we have tried:

Replacing the keyboard entirely.

Installing a beta version of cue

Forcing a firmware update on the keyboard

resetting the keyboard with the esc key / unplug replug

changing the windows power settings to remove the usb suspend

adjusting the polling rate on the keyboard

sent profiles to corsair for testing, they could not replicate

I have pictures and videos of the keyboard doing this if that would help.

Things to note about my system. The OS is clean and up to date. The only software on it is Office365, Etrade Pro, Thinkorswim, Discord, CUE, Chrome, Nvidia Control panel. The computer is not overclocked. It has been tested for stability in prime (on a separate windows install). The computer has no other known issues.

Right now, I am looking to either find a way to solve this, or find a way to program hardware profiles with the same features. I can do the actions, but the lightning (static zones), i am lost on, as you can only have one lighting effect on the keyboard and I need multiple colors.

Strange, Until there is a way to frequently reproduce the issue, it won't be something that can be easily resolved.

Have you double checked the keyboard is connected to a Intel controlled USB port?

Do you have any other profiles that are not included in the profile switch list but is still used? E.g. Application specific profiles.

• 3 months later...
Hey, any updates on this? Were you able to resolve it? I have the same issue (k95 platinum aswell). It happens after the pc has been on for a while (maybe 7+ hours), then every profile switch (i use auto profile switch based on game but same happens with the profile switch button) the lights are stuck on the profile before (which is usually my default rainbow wave which ends up stuck in one position with all lights static). The only profiles this happens with are ones with multiple static lights (ie for different keybinds in games). I have also deleted the hardware profiles (maybe thats the issue?). The lights even get stuck on the last profile if I exit CUE (they arent hardware).

im currently having the issue at the moment as my pc has been on for a while. i can edit my static profiles and add any sort of movement to the colour and it changes fine (for example ripple type or key type etc). it seems to be that somewhere along the signal line its not receiving the update colour command (as its only being sent once for the static colours) whereas with any sort of active colour changing there would be multiple commands (which is why my default with colour waves etc switches fine). it seems to be only a k95 platinum issue according to the posts here.

@momorious try adding a typing key colour change and add it to shortest duration and put that at the top of your lightings (seems to fix it for me). this obviously is not the best solution for an expensive keyboard however. also what i have been doing before looking into it more is pressing the windows key lock switch which also fixes it (same principle, it sends another light switch command)

edit: cant believe i didnt try this (the typing key) earlier, makes it so much better. ive set it for set colour to only my base colour. so i dont even notice it. will have to do for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
yeah seems like corsair doesn't care about this, as evident by no replies. had to fix it manually by adding a refresh to each key in the form of key changing colour (alternating between the same colour its supposed to be), this is just a fix for a static profile. also other issues/features i have problems with are not being able to rebind the volume control (for spotify) or able to launch programs with parameters. all in all this is a waste of money for how expensive the k90 platinum is.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread because I have been dealing with the exact same issue since last year. Replaced the keyboard and it was OK for some time, but now it's started again. It doesn't happen often but when it does occur it's identical to the issue with my previous K95P. I am on iCUE currently. If anyone else is still experiencing this I recommend you send your CUE logs (particularly from the day the issue occurs) along with your system specs to corsair support. I have done this and they have forwarded the info to the CUE team. They are currently working on getting me another replacement keyboard but incase this doesn't solve the issue I think it's important that we give them as much info as possible so that they can get to the bottom of this.

It's good to know I'm not alone. I've also been getting occasional flickering LEDs, not often but I do catch it in the corner of my eye every so often.

Archived