Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB SE Standby Drain

Hi,

after i got a new Dark Core from RMA because my battery life was horrible it seems the new mouse shows nearly the same behaviour.

I searched some Forums and found other users with the same problem ... seems to be the standby mode of the mouse itself ... Why does it have to drain the battery so much?

For me personally... i dont need the mouse to be woken up at movement. A simple click would be totally enough and the sensor wouldnt have to stay on the whole time or not?!

The problem with the standby is, that i have to load the mouse every single day, coming to a runtime from like 8-12 hours without RGB!! ... the rest of the battery is completly sucked from the standby in 1-2 days.

Turning the mouse off via switch every day is really not a nice solution to this. I picket the Dark Core exactly because i would to not worry about battery life all day and now its the main "bug" ..... other wireless gaming mice like the G903 lasts a whole week of normal use without turning it physically off.

Are there any firmware updates in planning so solve this issue ? Even a option for 2 different standby modes (1 with movement wakeup, one without) would be more than enough for me. And i guess 90% of the dark core users too .....

Besides that iam really happy with the dark core ... but the standby drain nearly makes the product unusable in a comfort way on a daily basis. Not a single test is mentioning this problem either .....

best regards

Edited by #.kFk

I'm already wrote about this problem in this forum but there are no solution for this issue.

My last mouse was Logitech Performance MX and it works for two weeks of everyday using at one charge. After it i tried a ASUS Spatha and now i'm on Dark Core RGB SE and both this mouses have battery drain issue. Tech support of both this brands replied on my tickets with suggestion to "turn off" mouse when it not in use. It looks like they doesn't know how to resolve this problem (only logitech knows:)

In CUE/iCUE there is an option called "Power Saving Mode" that totally turns off all lighting and make mouse do not turn on at every movents. It wakes up in this mode only with button click. You can try this mode if you don't need lighting, but this option resets for me every time then i change the profile in CUE.

For now i'm bought an Qi charger and place mouse on it every night and this problem does not bother me so much

Oh i missed your thread then. The funny thing is after i talked to the support, they told me turning off the mouse helps, but shouldn´t be necessary .... and then suggested to send me a new one.

I´ll try the Power Saving Mode with standby after i´ve checked if i get the promised runtimes when i turn the mouse off via switch.

I´ve got the MM1000 too for a good price, but even with QI it`s really annoying in my opinion. This is my first wirless gaming mouse and i didn´t thought this would be a thing ...

The Performance MX also is not broadcasting the same bandwidth as the Dark Core, nor is it polling at the same rate over wireless RF. So it isn't a fair comparison. It's also slower to wake vs the Dark Core.

The Dark Core is designed for performance vs the MX which is a hybrid performance and battery savings. After using my Dark Core, I couldn't go back to the MX since I find it very laggy in comparison, as it should be.

The Performance MX also is not broadcasting the same bandwidth as the Dark Core, nor is it polling at the same rate over wireless RF. So it isn't a fair comparison. It's also slower to wake vs the Dark Core.

The Dark Core is designed for performance vs the MX which is a hybrid performance and battery savings. After using my Dark Core, I couldn't go back to the MX since I find it very laggy in comparison, as it should be.

I think there is not so big dependency on polling rate - as i wrote i have an ASUS Spatha and there is a possibility to change a polling rate in software. And after some tests i found that the differences in battery lifetime with 125Hz and 1000Hz is minimal. And it also has the same battery drain problem the mouse in sleep mode - after charge i found it totally drained after 2 days of sleep mode.

The wake of MX is about 2sec after sleep and this is not the problem) I prefer that Dark Core a little slow to wake up but a long to live without charge))

Yes, I am afraid this is why my Dark Core went back. A wireless mouse that can only last 7 hours isn't super useful. I couldn't even get through a day without having to charge it, despite not being there to use it for the first 8 hours. The final blow is when plugged in via USB to charge, it would not allow the PC to sleep, so I can't even let it power up while I am gone without running the entire system. I guess that is what the wireless charging mat was really for, but it is hard to recommend the product.

The final blow is when plugged in via USB to charge, it would not allow the PC to sleep, so I can't even let it power up while I am gone without running the entire system.

What the problem with sleep mode? Display doesn't turn off or PC wakes up from S3 sleep mode when you move mouse? If it wakes up all you need is uncheck this posibility in driver settings.

No, the PC would instantly wake after S3 state achieved when the Dark Core was plugged in. No movement required. Sleep-click-wake. Unique dark core issue and not present with other mice, wired or wireless. The concept of trying to flip the switch on the bottom of the mouse after using to engage sleep is a different problem. If I have to use CMD line prompts to do things I would normally use a mouse for and I have to charge it from a wall adapter, it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

No, the PC would instantly wake after S3 state achieved when the Dark Core was plugged in. No movement required. Sleep-click-wake. Unique dark core issue and not present with other mice, wired or wireless. The concept of trying to flip the switch on the bottom of the mouse after using to engage sleep is a different problem. If I have to use CMD line prompts to do things I would normally use a mouse for and I have to charge it from a wall adapter, it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

It looks like the problem as i wrote earlyer in wake up option in device manager.

You need to plug the wire to mouse and then open device manager. Next step is to find all devices with VID_1B1C in "Mouse" and "Keyboard" sections of device manager and turn off the abilty to wake up PC for this devices. It should help with your problem.

http://f23.ifotki.info/thumb/34890956e33a3e196c9006f595afdeb95efb79312250594.pnghttp://f23.ifotki.info/thumb/0f936feaeb39e907b302020daf25b9655efb79312250981.png

Not really a problem since I returned it to Corsair months ago, but perhaps that will help someone else. Whether one needs a wireless mouse that can only hold a 7 hour charge with a static lighting profile is another matter. Better to know the limitations going in.

• 2 years later...
Not really a problem since I returned it to Corsair months ago, but perhaps that will help someone else. Whether one needs a wireless mouse that can only hold a 7 hour charge with a static lighting profile is another matter. Better to know the limitations going in.

Mine doesn't even last 7 hrs anymore i need mine plugged in now the battery lasts only 30 min. I'm never getting another corsair mouse again. I like the mouse but I've had to many problems with it first is desyncs form the wireless and i end up plugging it in wired and plugging it back into re-sync it to the receiver this is a horrible mouse!!! Ot does this in the middle of a game which is not good! I also have a k63 wireless keyboard that o have no issues with but the mouse my god I'm looking into getting a razer, Logitech, or the Redragon M801 which my friend has and has no issues with and lasts him a good 12-16 hrs I had a Logitech Master 2s before this mouse and that battery ligffe was great is why I'm thinkingg of getting a logitech

• 2 months later...

As many others have attested, the battery degradation/capacity on this mouse is terrible. Seems like they went with whatever was the absolute cheapest batteries they could find for this thing.

Have had the dark core RGB SE for about a year. Also bought the QI charging mouse mat for it. It went from being able to hold ~12-14hr charge to maybe 4 hours. The standby drain is also bad, but for me is kind of not an issue because it's dying in a few hours of actual use. Zero lights on, power save mode enabled, 5m sleep timer. Can be showing fully charged and then be dead 3-4 hours later. Will not be buying another corsair mouse.

Is a shame, because I own several other corsair products (keyboard, AIO, memory) and really like them. But I would not recommend this mouse to anyone.

Edited by lothos88

• 5 months later...