Corsair Community

Fix For Repeated Corsair Adding New Device Prompt (After Windows Update Or 1511 ISO)

KedarWolf

If you updated Windows 10 or are using the 1511 Windows ISO do the following.

Go to Run, open Regedit.

Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB]VID_1B1C&PID_0C04/######/DeviceParameters (These numbers will be random on each install).

Right click on each below, choose Modify and change all to '0' no quotations.

AllowIdleIrpInD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled

SelectiveSuspendEnabled

SelectiveSuspendEnabled I had to delete, wrong type of key. If you do need to delete it add a new 32 bit DWORD named SelectiveSuspendEnabled and make sure it is 0.

On a second Windows install I just set these three

AllowIdleIrpInD3

DeviceSelectiveSuspended

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled

to '0' and left SelectiveSuspendEnabled as it was already without deleting it or changing it and it was fixed also. :uzi:

Another post says just to delete the SelectiveSuspendEnabled key and reboot but I saw someone where they said that never worked so I'm suggesting it may be better to try one on the two above methods. :roll:

Problem solved! :D:

P.S. I tried this from others doing it for Windows 8.1 issues in these forums and it fixes it. :cool:

• 1 month later...
i tried prety much everything. but if you save the setting u want in f.ex win 8.1, these settings will remain in the system, so u can set it up and then upgrade to win 10. and leave corsair link out of the system and it will function the way u set it to in win 8.1 i believe. #Gh3tt0FiX

Archived