Corsair Community

H100i v2

victorgpu

A H105 is 11mm or so thicker than the H100i GTX/v2. It has more surface area and theoretically better cooling. It also has a good track record for reliability. Simple DC pump, power your own fans operation.

If you are currently using a H100i v2, connect the fans to the y-splitter from the pump, then set the BIOS to supply a 100% signal to the CPU fan header. Use Link to control fans speeds.

Yes, the H100i v2 (and H105) pump units need 12v signal at all times. The best way to do this is somewhat motherboard dependent, but you want to either "disable" your CPU fan control or set it to a maximum of 100% at all times. On Asus boards this is called "Full Speed" in Q-fan. Other manufacturers have different lingo, but the same function.

If you are using the H100i v2, I would use Link unless there is another reason not to do so. It will allow you to control fan speed from coolant temperature (H100i v2 Temp) rather than CPU temp, which leads to a lot of fan ramping up and down. Even boards with supposed fan delays to prevent this, do not always work.

ok i am using h100iv2. about the coolant temperature, the corsair link have a option ( warning when temp is above ) what value should i put ? the default it´s 45 i think because i change it then i´m not sure now. what temps it´s good to it stay ?

That's hard to say since it is largely based on your starting room temperature. That can vary by season and obviously climate. The way to set up the cooling curve is completely different for someone living in Northern Brazil than it would be for someone in Northern Europe.

As a general guide, you likely don't need a warning until 50C. As for actually setting the curve points to be useful, most users probably see a +10-12C coolant temp delta at most, and likely only when doing combination CPU/GPU loads. So, if your baseline 100i v2 Temp is 30C when sitting at idle, make the fans quiet and low at that temperature. You can't go lower. Then set the highest speed you can stand to 42C or so. That becomes the highest speed you normally see. You can make the curve the slant up sharply after 45C. That will give you an auditory warning if things are out of range. A lot of this is GPU dependent. Someone with a 980 Ti will see hotter case and cooler temps than the someone with a 970 because of the rise in case temperature with the big watt GPU. There is no magic number here, but most people run the fans faster than needed at first. The fans only affect the coolant temperature, which in turns serves as the base for the CPU temp. Just because the cores spike to 70C when loading something, does not mean you need more fan speed. That is the advantage of a water cooling system. The fans do affect the coolant temperature, but there is no reason to blast the fans to try and drop the coolant -2C. That only results in -2C for the CPU temp as well.

Archived