Corsair Community

splashing on my Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire

Z.S

I accidentally spilled a can of Pepsi and some splashes went on my Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire majority of the splashes hit the tops and a sides of the keycaps and were easy to wash off but the "B" key actually got some of the Pepsi inside the key and it is really sticky the keyboard works fine it is just that one sticky key which works but it gets stuck and can hold press the "B" as if I were pressing hold of the key

I thought of having it disconnected and putting a small amount of water in to the key and let it dry for a while but I have no spare keyboard

I accidentally spilled a can of Pepsi and some splashes went on my Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire majority of the splashes hit the tops and a sides of the keycaps and were easy to wash off but the "B" key actually got some of the Pepsi inside the key and it is really sticky the keyboard works fine it is just that one sticky key which works but it gets stuck and can hold press the "B" as if I were pressing hold of the key

I thought of having it disconnected and putting a small amount of water in to the key and let it dry for a while but I have no spare keyboard

does not matter now as I thought fck it and after disconnecting the keyboard just soaked my finger and made sure it was barely wet before rubbing and pressing the key with the same finger just a few minutes ago and it started loosening up and then after like 2 minutes plugged in my keyboard and so far it is fine but I this happening to me just showed me how well it is made I have spilled so many liquids in the past on my keyboard this was by far the worst unless you want to count dousing it with water from a bottle I accidentally squeezed when I was on youtube I thought there was a spider in the video but it was like a couple of cm from my face that time it did spaz out but after a couple of days the keyboard was fine though when having the lighting set to type key ripple which lights up the pressed key and spreads it out like a firework type of thing and if I use volume wheel it will trigger the lighting from the left of the keyboard rather than around the volume wheel

Archived