The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 06:50 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911210
Corsair James Reputation: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTator View Post
Updated to this the other day, and it completely messed up my audio drivers.... people on calls were saying my voice sounded slowed down and pitched down, other programs would refuse to find an audio device at all... Downgrading back made everything work again. Hopefully this is cleared up in the next update.
We didn't change anything with the audio driver. Im curious why this occurred.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-11-2017, 10:14 PM

POST ID # = 911226
sinwagon71 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
try running the 2.15 installer and repairing CUE.

Even if you hard exit CUE?
Yes I have now uninstalled CUE reinstalled, profiles still gone no lights for keyboard at all now and the Corsair headset quit working every time I try to select it as default device I get a windows error saying the enhanced features are causing issues Corsair mouse has lights working, I am hoping I don't have to roll back everything

Old 07-12-2017, 07:12 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911413
Corsair James Reputation: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinwagon71 View Post
Yes I have now uninstalled CUE reinstalled, profiles still gone no lights for keyboard at all now and the Corsair headset quit working every time I try to select it as default device I get a windows error saying the enhanced features are causing issues Corsair mouse has lights working, I am hoping I don't have to roll back everything
Can I get an error message screenshot, and can you also show me if there are any errors in your device manager?

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Thunder350's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911425
Thunder350 Reputation: 10

Updated to 2.15.83, now my Corsair Void (Wireless) headset is stuck in stereo. Clicking the Dolby Headphone button changes the icon to the yellow Dolby Headphone as its suppose to, but it no longer enables the feature.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Enigma776's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911505
Enigma776 Reputation: 10

My Sabre RGB mouse is acting odd since updating, lost some colour modes as well it seems, I am sure I had a mode where it would blend colours and fade in and out.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:14 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911575
Zotty Reputation: 49

I also ran into issues after the update... Strafe disconnecting from CUE and my Polaris not lighting up at all along with Steam locking up..

I have narrowed it down to having had my keyboard and Polaris plugged into the Gaming Device ports 'red' usb sockets on the back of my MSI gaming motherboard!.. soon as i stopped using those sockets for my corsair products all returned to normal.. infact better than normal.. other issues have gone such as LINK locking up! and the usb disconnect sound on start up.....

Last edited by Zotty; 07-13-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:54 AM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911677
hastegag Reputation: 20

"Text Mode" in Actions seems to play differently in Outlook in this version.
Different results in Notepad for what it is worth.

In my instance, I have an action that types a Heading into draft emails in outlook and it goes like this:

From Eric
To
Cc
Bcc Eric

The heading is a specific number of chars and structure so that other macros can erase it and copy the lines into the actual to, cc and bcc lines when it is ready to send. The issue with this cue version is within outlook I am getting un-recognized character question mark box when the enter key is sent from Cue. So my Text Action ends up looking like this:

From Eric[?]To [?]CC [?]Bcc Eric[?][?]

where [?] is the unrecognized character that should be enter. I'd blame outlook, but this worked fine in the previous beta and I can tell you more interestingly when I re-define the action in Cue, typing the same exact thing into the software, it works fine, but only until i restart the computer, then the same behavior was exhibited. As I am typing this post, I just redefined the action in a new action to see if that would help. I need to restart to be sure it works, but it did save the appropriate behavior and worked after a reboot of Cue. Perhaps the character for the enter key is not the same in the cueprofile between these betas or the send implementation has changed.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:12 PM
mcitp2k10's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911729
mcitp2k10 Reputation: 10

I updated to 2.15 and now my corsair void mic is ****ed up on any steam game. It works fine in other apps but I simply cant use my mic on steam/csgo. It sounds robotic or like some people said "like a demon"

I have other USB/3.5mm headsets and they're all working fine on steam. I wish you guys can fix it soon... I love my void tbh and I don't really want to use my old gears.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:56 AM

POST ID # = 911740
Pharticus Reputation: 10

This piece of trash caused the first BSOD I have had on windows 10 ever. It froze my computer at 59% of installing it. Had to hard restart and on each restart a new BSOD with message saying corsairVbusdriver.sys was causing the issue. The only fix was to use a restore point that rolled my PC back to before I tried to install this newest update.

This is unacceptable that a driver for something like this can freeze a whole system... Ive has win10 since the beginning, nothing has done this to it for me and I have tons of stuff plugged in and do everything on this PC.

i7 6800K
GTX 1080
32GB RAM

How do you make this crap program crash our systems like this, every update theres some other problem, its close to enough to make me want to sell my corsair keyboard, rgb mousepade and headset, I am thinking about it bigtime after this.

What is the problem with the people that make this?

Old 07-15-2017, 04:25 AM

POST ID # = 911743
Pharticus Reputation: 10
Default New CUE corsairVbusdriver.sys on installation BSOD win10 required restore point

I installed the new CUE today and at 59% the installation froze, then I did a hard restart, it came up with a BSOD saying that corsairVbusdriver.sys cause the error. I couldnt even boot in safe mode and after 10 more reboots same BSOD message. I never had a single BSOD on win10 til now and i used it since before official release.

I was forced to use a restore point that luckily booted me back into my system with no errors.

However, when i tried to open the CUE software by clicking on it in the the bottom right taskbar, the progam will not open or do anything, right click nothing. ended task on it and started it up, same problem so no way to enter settings.

So...I unintsalled CUE now and am scared to install it since the new version did this to me. What is the problem with this software? When will they have a new one without this problem?

I am really angry about this and want this fixed(a new version or something). I have your keyboard, headset and RGB mousepad. No support and crap CUE every update it has some bugs and now this is the real stinger.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:01 AM

POST ID # = 911744
doughnuts Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharticus View Post
I installed the new CUE today and at 59% the installation froze, then I did a hard restart, it came up with a BSOD saying that corsairVbusdriver.sys cause the error. I couldnt even boot in safe mode and after 10 more reboots same BSOD message. I never had a single BSOD on win10 til now and i used it since before official release.

I was forced to use a restore point that luckily booted me back into my system with no errors.

However, when i tried to open the CUE software by clicking on it in the the bottom right taskbar, the progam will not open or do anything, right click nothing. ended task on it and started it up, same problem so no way to enter settings.

So...I unintsalled CUE now and am scared to install it since the new version did this to me. What is the problem with this software? When will they have a new one without this problem?

I am really angry about this and want this fixed(a new version or something). I have your keyboard, headset and RGB mousepad. No support and crap CUE every update it has some bugs and now this is the real stinger.
I am having a very similar problem, every time it gets to 59% and says "installing driver" Windows hangs and i have to hard shutdown. Currently i now cannot reinstall the previous version. Very frustrated and keep checking the site every day for a new update. This has now made me have to revert to using the mouse which has slowed my workflow right down to a crawl in Presonus Studio One 3 (i have the Corsair configured perfectly with this software and I can work very quickly having keyboard shortcuts mapped to the corsair keys).

Old 07-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Droid_pro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911818
Droid_pro Reputation: 10

Registered just to say that I'm also having the issue where my voice over Steam is low and growly (like a voice changer) but I've posted a temporary fix here. Rolled back to 2.13.xxx and all is fine now.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Old 07-16-2017, 09:40 AM
SesyHansGruber's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911898
SesyHansGruber Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We didn't change anything with the audio driver. Im curious why this occurred.
I too have been having problems with my Void USB microphone since the 2.15 update, and i am appenrently I am not alone. The microphone works well in every VOIP and Audacity, but in Steam and Steam games the mic sounds distorted, like I'm using a demon voice changer or something. Fixed it by rolling back to the 2.14 version, and the Steam mic test was ok after that.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Skjido's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911899
Skjido Reputation: 10

I've an issue with the "Scimitar Pro RGB" mouse where remapping the keys still uses the QWERTY layout while my "K95 RGB Platinum" keyboard his layout is set to Belgium (AZERTY). Meaning Q on my mouse is A, "A is Q", "W is Z", "Z is W", ", is M" and so on while on my keyboard it works just fine but on the mouse it gets frustrating. Can there be a feature to set the layout on the mouse itself or that it uses the keyboards layout?

Old 07-16-2017, 05:32 PM
mcitp2k10's PC Specs

POST ID # = 911946
mcitp2k10 Reputation: 10

If I roll back, my heaset is simply not working at all.... this is very frustrating ! and I bet I will have to wait till next month for this to be fixed.

So no sound at all or issue with all steam games.