Corsair Community

Mp500 on z97x

REKTangle

Hi,

I have recently purchased an MP500 however, after installing it I am only reaching around 600mb/s on it. It is installed on an AsRock Fatality Z97x Killer. The m.2 slot is set to force m.2 and all pcie slots set to gen3. Is there anything else that can be done to improve the speeds?

Is this a limitation of the motherboard?

Other Specs:

i7-4790k

GTX1060 6GB

16GB 3200MHZ Corsair Vengence

Secondary SSD: Kingston HyperX Fury

Windows 10

Thanks

On my Asus IX formula motherboard there are 2 m.2 slots.

Slot m.2_1 is always working on x4 speed.

But m.2_2 is x2 by default. It can be changed to x4, but in this case 2 SATA ports will be disabled.

Maybe your m.2 port is set x2...

In some cases you will need to sacrifice some ports to make other work full speed.

By the way, how hot is your ssd in idle?

How many fans there are in your case?Are some of them blowing on the ssd?

On my Asus IX formula motherboard there are 2 m.2 slots.

Slot m.2_1 is always working on x4 speed.

But m.2_2 is x2 by default. It can be changed to x4, but in this case 2 SATA ports will be disabled.

Maybe your m.2 port is set x2...

In some cases you will need to sacrifice some ports to make other work full speed.

By the way, how hot is your ssd in idle?

How many fans there are in your case?Are some of them blowing on the ssd?

My motherboard only has 1 m.2 slot. The only setting you can do on it is to either force sata or m.2 through that port. At idle it the mp500 is around 32degrees, motherboard sitting at around 22 and cpu varies from 28-35 Cooling is not an issue as the case is large and has good airflow with plenty of fans.

Do you have the latest BIOS installed?

Take a look at your manual and see whether there are any options that need to be changed if the motherboard supports NVMe drives.

I have updated the bios and the NVMe option popped up. IT only displays the drive connected nothing else.

What are you using to test the drive performance? The same software and versions Corsair used?

According to ASRock's page, The slot is 10Gb/s which is about 1.25GB/s max, so it may be best to consider a PCIe adapter card.

Makes sense. Im upgrading to AsRock fatality k6 now. I will test it on there.

Archived