Corsair Community

EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin not included with CMPSU-850TX ???

tomdavidson

Hello, I have what sounds like the same problem. I have a CMPSU-850TX that I purchased with the product description of EPS12V compatibility and having 24 + 8 pin connector.

There is no EPS connector, just the 20+4pin and 4x 6+2 PCI-E connectors. My motherboard is a Tyan K8SE S2892 and has the same pwr2 part shown in Hart's photos.

That Corsair's recommendation is to trim/shave the extrusion from the square port of one of the PCI-E +2 connectors and use that as the EPS12V? (The circled area of the attached image.) AND that Corsair vouches for this workaround and guarantees it will not do damage?

Why is the +2 both black? isnt the 8pin EPS12V connector suppose to have 4 yellow (pwr) and 4 black (ground) wires rather than 3 yellow and 5 black?

Thank you and regards, tom

1060624855_psupcie62pin.thumb.jpg.c2ee956faabea53fd062ac7ce0122900.jpg

NO! You have misread another post. We DO NOT recommend using a PCI-e plug in the 12v EPS PSU socket. You will damage something and create an unsafe situation.

Look at THIS PAGE and click the RESOURCES tab. Scroll down and examine the listed cables. There you will see your listed cables including the 8 pin (4+4) 12v EPS plug.

Thank you, but I do not have a EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin as shown on the page you referenced. From my initial post, I stated, "There is no EPS connector, just the 20+4pin and 4x 6+2 PCI-E connectors."

I have the return authorized by amazon.com ... should I get another tx850w or are they all missing the "EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin" connector?

The thing is, is that their is no 8-pin connectors.... thats the source of confusion and why i was looking to the 6+2 connectors. This sounds like an anomaly, I will send by to the retailer and get and exchange. Thank you for saving me from by initial misunderstanding.

Archived