Corsair Community

RM1000i buzzing/coil whine still a concern?

Testing123

• 4 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
It really can vary from one unit to the next. Corsair strives for 100% zero-coil whine, but the process of assembling choke coils and polymer capacitors combined with lowering switching frequencies to lower levels to improve efficiency prevents this perfection.

It really can vary from one unit to the next. Corsair strives for 100% zero-coil whine, but the process of assembling choke coils and polymer capacitors combined with lowering switching frequencies to lower levels to improve efficiency prevents this perfection.

My unit is not discharging for 3 minutes, after I turned it off ! (Motherboard led is on, and I can use Fan test button) Is this normal for RM1000I?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My RM 1000i is audible in 2m range. That's VERY ANNOYING, because I have deadly silent PC. This noise is barely audible for older people, but I can hear it very well.

This is very interesting. I'm not sure how I skipped over this message in my previous read of the thread... glad I revisited it.

What's interesting for me is:

This noise is barely audible for older people, but I can hear it very well.

This basically means the sound generated is in the higher frequencies. My hearing now taps out at approximately 12,000 Hz (that's a very rough estimate using my iPhone). Yeah, I'm 'older'... plus too many gigs with hard-hitting drummers or deaf guitar players :-) , as well as mucho hours in fixed wing aircraft.

That said, maybe I won't have any trouble with coil whine. ;-)

Archived