Corsair Community

Will 400C's top cover fit 400Q?

amh

Hey All,

Anyone know if the top cover for the Carbide Series Clear 400C case fill fit as a replacement for the isolated one on the 400Q model?

And if so, is it available anywhere as a spare part?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

A

• Corsair Employee
Everything for these two cases are interchangeable, so you can definitely fit the sealed cover in place of the dust filter. However, we currently don't offer it as a replacement or purchasable item separately from the case. It is still a newer case, so anything can happen in the future, but we can't make any promises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You will need to purchase the window side panel and the hinges since the solid panels slide on. But it should all bolt right up to the frame.

I too am interested in having the 'best of both worlds' so to speak. I love the idea of the 400q being quiet and the very large window of the 400c.

Your solution of using the 400q and adding a 400c left side panel window sounds great.

I've found the side panel window on your shop site (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-400c-left-side-panel-window), but cannot find the hinges needed to attach to the 400q case to support it. Can you point me to them?

Thanks...

It's really frustrating that it ISN'T an option to be purchased.

The sound dappened panel that comes with the 400Q is removable, ostensibly for the purpose of using the top of the case with fans. The case is ADVERTISED as having top mounted fan capacity.

So why oh why is a mesh filter (the one available with the 400C) NOT an available option. Do you really expect people to top mount fans without any sort of mesh filter, and just have the open grills exposed? I can't imagine that's the ideal design choice, since you guys designed the 400C with a sleek and sexy top cover...

Edit: Ooo I just came up with an idea. Purchase the 400C from a place like Microcenter or Amazon, take the mesh cover out of the box, return said case the next day. Problem solved.

Thanks Corsair!

It's really frustrating that it ISN'T an option to be purchased...

So why oh why is a mesh filter (the one available with the 400C) NOT an available option.

It is an available option! Check out the following Corsair shop page: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-400q-c-dust-filters-top-front-psu

For ~$10.00 you get 3 dust filters (the magnetic top, the front and the PSU filter).

What is not an option (that I've been able to find anyway) is the hard/sound absorbing magnetic top that comes with the 400q and the hinges that are used to mount the clear window panel onto the 400c.

Since the window panel is available (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-400c-left-side-panel-window), if the hinges were available, you could just purchase a 400q and turn it into a 400c by purchasing the windowed side panel and the hinges, and bingo, a quiet(er) 400c case.

Except I cannot find the hinges. :[pouts:

Not sure if and when the hinges will be available. This case is still relatively new, so more accessories trickle down and become available.

Thanks for the reply, Nick.

If possible, could you put in a good word for making them available?

I'll bet more 400c cases are sold than 400q cases. Maybe if people knew that for ~$25.00 more ($20.00 for the window side panel and I'm conjecturing $5.00 for the hinges) they could have a quieter case and still have that great window, they'd jump at it. I certainly would!

Thanks again, Nick.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if and when the hinges will be available. This case is still relatively new, so more accessories trickle down and become available.

I agree with what has been said. I came to this forum to find an answer to this so I'm obviously not the only one. I'm building a new PC and I've decided on either the 400c or the 400q. Most of the time I'd like to have the 400q, but the rare case I'd like to put on the window for a little show. It's nice that the door is available, but without the hinges, I won't be able to have a 400q/c hybrid.

Adding the hinges would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it's been a while obviously, I love the Q version of the case, but I also wish to get a window on my rig, so, if corsair has decided not to supply this option, I think I will simply purchase the side panel window, get a few hinges from bunnings and DIY it. If anyone of you have a corsair 400C case, I would really appreciate if you could post some detailed pictures of the hinges? Even unscrewed maybe? Or measurements if someone would be willing. If anyone of you out there are interested once I get them done I can post a process of it on youtube or something so that those of you that are STILL waiting for this can finally make this dream a reality because I honestly don't think Corsair is going to do a single thing about it.

I love the Q version of the case, but I also wish to get a window on my rig, so, if corsair has decided not to supply this option, I think I will simply purchase the side panel window, get a few hinges from bunnings and DIY it.

I feel the same way. Not sure why Corsair hasn't jumped on this yet. Seems like they could sell a few more cases that way.

Anyway, what is 'bunnings' you refer to in the above quote. Is it a home improvement type of store, or what?

I'm not at all familiar with hinges, so I don't know if these would be off the shelf items. Hopefully someone with a 400C will help out here.

If anyone of you out there are interested once I get them done I can post a process of it on youtube or something so that those of you that are STILL waiting for this can finally make this dream a reality...

Very good, thanks!

I feel the same way. Not sure why Corsair hasn't jumped on this yet. Seems like they could sell a few more cases that way.

Anyway, what is 'bunnings' you refer to in the above quote. Is it a home improvement type of store, or what?

I'm not at all familiar with hinges, so I don't know if these would be off the shelf items. Hopefully someone with a 400C will help out here.

Yeah well worth a shot. Yes bunnings is the Australian equivalent of Masters, just general hardware, diy, tools, construction equipment, everythings :D

Well, I am wondering if these hinges are manufactured for them, or off the shelf items. I have a feeling they aren't manufactured for Corsair, but not sure where they might be obtained as an off the shelf item. The case is probably done in China (or similar) which means they probably source the hinges locally from there.

I did a Google search for 'lift off hinges' and got a good selection, but was unable to locate one that matched a pic I found of the actual hinge on a 400C (here's the link in case you want to see it: http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecache/article_max_width/review/2016-03-04/DSC_0758_0.jpg).

That's all I have so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Still looking for the 400Q top mesh

You mean the magnetic dust filter that comes standard with the 400C?

If so, Corsair says it will fit a 400Q. You can get a set of the 3 filters (top, front & PSU) from Corsair (see this page: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-400q-c-dust-filters-top-front-psu), or order a custom made one from DEMCiflex (http://www.demcifilter.com/).

If you're talking about the hard (I'm assuming plastic) magnetic cover that comes with the 400Q, I have no idea where you can get one of those other than to contact Corsair support directly. Not sure if they would accommodate you, but it can't hurt to try.

also received my 400C with a broken front panel so if I could get sound deadening on a replacement front panel that would make my computer that much quieter.

You can get a replacement front panel (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-400q-c-front-fascia), but I don't think it will have any sound deadening material. What you could do is buy some separately (for example, here's a page from modDIY that shows a sound dampening product: http://www.moddiy.com/products/modDIY-Sound-Dampening-Foam-Material-(10mm).html?gclid=CMG_uoWjtM4CFQgOaQod5jUNgg) and apply it yourself. I've never done it, but it can't be that hard, eh?!

• 1 month later...
Well, it's been a while obviously, I love the Q version of the case, but I also wish to get a window on my rig, so, if corsair has decided not to supply this option, I think I will simply purchase the side panel window, get a few hinges from bunnings and DIY it. If anyone of you have a corsair 400C case, I would really appreciate if you could post some detailed pictures of the hinges? Even unscrewed maybe? Or measurements if someone would be willing. If anyone of you out there are interested once I get them done I can post a process of it on youtube or something so that those of you that are STILL waiting for this can finally make this dream a reality because I honestly don't think Corsair is going to do a single thing about it.

Did you ever get those hinges made?

• 3 weeks later...
What is not an option (that I've been able to find anyway) is the hard/sound absorbing magnetic top that comes with the 400q and the hinges that are used to mount the clear window panel onto the 400c.

Since the window panel is available (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-400c-left-side-panel-window), if the hinges were available, you could just purchase a 400q and turn it into a 400c by purchasing the windowed side panel and the hinges, and bingo, a quiet(er) 400c case.

Except I cannot find the hinges. :[pouts:

I happened to see that Corsair was selling hinges as part of the accessories for the new Air 740 case. Of course I got excited as they might be the same hinges used on the 400C.

As it turns out, I don’t think they are. Here’s a pic of the rear of the 400C. Note the hinges on the right side of the case top and bottom:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26677&stc=1&d=1475584349

And here’s a pic of the 740’s hinges:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26678&stc=1&d=1475584349

As you can see, they aren’t the same.

So, I guess we’re still waiting… :sigh!:

1623123995_Corsair400CRear.thumb.PNG.a01c525d2230f400076c852dc953d7ab.PNG

1819811957_CorsairAir740Hinges.PNG.ca11bca3cf6647ffc4f2d3de30f3ed01.PNG

• 4 months later...

Apologies for digging up an older thread, but hopefully this new info about the hinges makes it worthwhile...

Not to get anyone's hopes up too much, but I see there is a set of hinges from the white 400C listed on Corsair's site, only they don't seem to be available to buy.

I found the listing by searching for the term '400C' on the site's search bar (link here) and found the following listings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=27719&d=1486683734

As you can see, the hinges shown do look to be the right type (if not color), but clicking on the item link takes you to a bare page with no price or means of purchasing them.

I intend on contacting Corsair, just in case they do have them available and I'll update this post if I hear anything.

400C.thumb.png.8221b5c45481c06d606c8c3c28a85bc7.png

I've just emailed our webstore team to find out what's going on with those odd parts.

Thanks Technobeard, maybe you'll get some additional information to mine. The item listing did get updated with a price of $3.99 but there's no way to add it to the cart.

I also heard back from the Corsair Web Store team who said:

"Unfortunately, there is no ETA date of the item and we have no stock. Please add the item to wishlist and once we receive stock, you will kindly be notified. As for the color, there is no black at this moment."

So I've added the item to my wishlist and will wait and see if it comes in stock. If it does, I'll probably be buying a can of matte black spray paint, haha.

• 4 months later...

These hinges are still unable to be purchased, and are only listed in white.

It's also still not possible to purchase the sound-deadened TOP panel for a 400Q via the Corsair parts store or anywhere else.

Any update on this? Glad I'm not the only one looking for a 400C+Q.

Also please make this case with a tempered glass side. The glass-all-around of the 460X is too much.

The side panel of the 400C is nice because it's lightly tinted, however you may end up losing me to the Fractal Define C because it comes with a window AND sound dampening.

Archived