Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB Sniper Button stopped wroking

BlissfulBison

I have been using the Corsair M65 Pro RGB for a while now and have enjoyed it, but after playing with it on Tuesday night with all the buttons functioning properly, I found none of the side buttons to be working on Wednesday. I have reinstalled ICue and updated the mouses firmware, but still no fix. I was able to remap the two side buttons to do what they originally did in the first place but I had remapped the sniper button to be the apostrophe key from day 1 and now this doesn't work for me. I know the sniper button works properly after remapping it to do its original DPI dropping purpose and it does just that but would love to be able to get it to work as a different remapped key once again.

Good question. I have had sporadic issues with this the M65 Sniper button and G keys on multiple devices, however the problem is limited to a very specific application and set of circumstances. Can you elaborate on what you are doing or when the key remaps do not work? Is it all the time? If you remap sniper to a letter key in your current profile, will it string it along in this text box? ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Good question. I have had sporadic issues with this the M65 Sniper button and G keys on multiple devices, however the problem is limited to a very specific application and set of circumstances. Can you elaborate on what you are doing or when the key remaps do not work? Is it all the time? If you remap sniper to a letter key in your current profile, will it string it along in this text box? ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Thanks for the reply, the night it was working I was bouncing around between fortnite and blacks op 4 with the button working, then after getting on the next day and finishing up some homework/ watching youtube i then tried to play and found my side buttons not working. since then i have remapped the side buttons back to forward and backward and they have worked but no matter what key I try to remap the sniper button to I can't seem to get it to work. I have remapped the sniper button back to the sniper button to make sure the button is functioning and I was able to get the DPI drop the button originally does but other remapping just doesn't seem to help.

So even on the desktop or MS Word, notepad, this text box, or whatever, you cannot get the Sniper button to replicate a alpha-numeric character? This is without the games running in the background? My theory had revolved around a particular process called Coherent that was part of a game I played where this still happens. However, it never happens at the desktop without the app running, so this seems to be unrelated. Make sure your modified profile is active and you don't have another linked profile overriding the one you are trying to use.

While I am not sure it will lead to a solution, I would contact Corsair Tech Support and detail the issue. That would be required to replace the mouse anyway.

So even on the desktop or MS Word, notepad, this text box, or whatever, you cannot get the Sniper button to replicate a alpha-numeric character? This is without the games running in the background? My theory had revolved around a particular process called Coherent that was part of a game I played where this still happens. However, it never happens at the desktop without the app running, so this seems to be unrelated. Make sure your modified profile is active and you don't have another linked profile overriding the one you are trying to use.

While I am not sure it will lead to a solution, I would contact Corsair Tech Support and detail the issue. That would be required to replace the mouse anyway.

Sadly yes even in a notepad or word the sniper button will not replicate a alpha-numeric key, and I have doubled checked the profile and it is the only one I have and is active. I will contact Corsair Customer support, I just wasn't sure if this problem had happened to anyone else. I truly appreciate your help though, all the best to you man.

You may also want to try and repair the install of iCUE through the normal Windows settings tool. Open settings, go to applications, click Corsair iCUE. Instead of uninstalling/removing, click modify and then repair. Some people have success with this for minor, but strange issues.

Archived