Corsair Community

Maximus XI Hero won't fit in case

r4ndom

Hey guys, check it out:

https://imgur.com/a/Y5k2P60

My new Maximus XI Hero motherboard won't fit in my Corsair Obsidian 500D SE case no matter how hard I try.

The standoffs just won't alone, it looks like the IO shield is too big for the opening in the back. No matter how hard I try to push it it just won't align and I don't know what to do, I'm worried I'll break it. Other people have had the same issue.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I'm so damn upset, will newegg even accept this as an issue if I need to return it? My very first build, I'm all excited then this happens... In case I can't fix it, can anyone recommend a comparable motherboard that will fit for sure?

Y5k2P60

• 1 month later...
I have a different case but I had the same issue. After trying to force the preinstalled i/o shield I actually scratched up my board and chipped the plastic part of the i/o shield. I ended up just pressing it up to the opening rather than through. This required some pressure and the screws look slightly off at the top, but it is solid and thankfully still works like a charm. Without excessive scrutiny you wouldn't be able to tell, and it looks completely fine from the back of the case.

Archived