Corsair Community

High temps inside case 1000D

kkturbo

Hi from Spain.

I have a 1000D, with dual custom loop. 2x480 (8x Corsair LL120 push) in the front, and 420 (3x ML140 push) on top of the case, x LL120 in the rear of the case. The problem is when I am playing, after aprox 30 minutes, the temps inside the case beggin at 22º inside with ambient room of 20º and goes about 30º-31º, and the case inside is very hot. I have temp sensors for loops and radiators, everything seems to be ok, but the temp of cpu loop goes high tan must be, hot air going inside the radiator. I have seen that hot air dont go outside very well on top of the case, perhaps goes better with push pull config on top??, seems like the air comes back again inside after the radiator.

I have tried with a lot of curves and possitive pressure and negative inside the case (aquaero 6 is good for trying these things), but inside temps always become high.

Any idea about what happend??.

So sorry about my poor english.

Thanks

Hi again.

30º-31º is the ambient temp inside the case, temp sensor ir inside on the rear top side.

Asus HERO X

I7 8700K+420 rad on top pushing air outside, First loop

SLI gtx 1080 2x480 on the front of the case, push, Second loop.

CPU: max 60º OC 5Ghz

GPU SLI: max 42º

I can measure temps inlet- outlet from each radiator, ambient of the room, ambient inside the case, temp of liquid from each loop,etc.

The problem is that hot air seems to stay inside the case and cpu temps become hot.

So ... what speed do you have those radiator fans going at? One challenge that you're going to have is that your only intake is going through a radiator - warming up as well as being somewhat restricted. What fans do you have and what temps are you using to control the fan loops?

And please put your relevant system specs in your profiles system specs. Click "Edit System Specs" at the top. While you put it here, if this thread continues, it's going to be painful to continually dig around for them.

Ok so that is hot. I have my setup where the front fans pull air in, and then the top rad pushes said air out the top and case fans pushing air out the back as well. If your top fans are blowing in (not sure if they are) my concern was the air from the rads would be too hot.

And as Dev said as the intake is going through a rad, it is expected that the air will be warm after some time.

Hi again.

I can measure temps inlet- outlet from each radiator, ambient of the room, ambient inside the case, temp of liquid from each loop,etc.

The problem is that hot air seems to stay inside the case and cpu temps become hot.

So ... what are the inlet and outlet temps on the 2 front radiators?

Hi again.

Front fans are Corsair LL120 , not so good for radiators but with 2 radiatos and eight fans seems they do their job. On top raditor Corsalir ML140 pushing air out of the case.

Temps in the front radiator are in full load, 28ºC intake the first radiator and 26º outlet the second radiator in the front (those two for 1080 SLI).

The top radiator is 30º inlet full load and 29º outlet temp.

I should try with push pull on the top??

Later when i have a minut i Will put my system specs in my profile, sorry.

Your radiator temps indicate that cooling is going on. Keep in mind that the heat from the GPUs (via the front radiators) is going into the case. Add to that any temps from the motherboard components (VRMs, etc) ... which we have no clue about as you haven't done your system specs ... is going to add to that.

And your temps seem quite good. I don't see anything to be concerned about at this point.

Your radiator temps indicate that cooling is going on. Keep in mind that the heat from the GPUs (via the front radiators) is going into the case. Add to that any temps from the motherboard components (VRMs, etc) ... which we have no clue about as you haven't done your system specs ... is going to add to that.

And your temps seem quite good. I don't see anything to be concerned about at this point.

I understand it, is just I think the top and rear fans cant take the air out of the case as they should, when I put my hand inside the case, the front of the case inside is cooler tan the rear side or top rear case, the air is not so hot from the front radiator going inside the case.

I understand it, is just I think the top and rear fans cant take the air out of the case as they should, when I put my hand inside the case, the front of the case inside is cooler tan the rear side or top rear case, the air is not so hot from the front radiator going inside the case.

If you are running positive pressure (and you probably want to be), the air will "leak" out of the various small slits and holes. The fans help direct the flow.

The air entering the case from the front radiators will be at least 28C, maybe closer to 29C. Add to that heat from the VRMs and hard drives ... but your air through the top radiator is less than 30C - or you wouldn't see any cooling there. So ... sounds about right.

I don't see any issues with your hardware, the fans, or any of your choices about where to place things. A 2C drop on the radiator pass seems just about right.

Let's go back to the beginning at look at that "starts at 21C and ends up at 30C". Where does that data come from? Motherboard sensor? Temp probe? Infrared thermometer? Where in the case is that located?

I don't see any issues with your hardware, the fans, or any of your choices about where to place things. A 2C drop on the radiator pass seems just about right.

Let's go back to the beginning at look at that "starts at 21C and ends up at 30C". Where does that data come from? Motherboard sensor? Temp probe? Infrared thermometer? Where in the case is that located?

Thanks everybody for your replies. The temperatura inside the case come from an external sensor connected to Aquaero. If you put this sensor in the front of the case temperaturas are about 27º. When i put the sensor rear top near the top radiator, or near the rear fans, temps become 30º or litle more. I have tried to put 4 more fans in the front (to make push-pull), and the temperaturas goes higher faster inside the case, too much air inside the case and not enought fans taking hot air out??. If i have a some free time i will try to use better fans on the rear, Corsair LL120 are not the best maybe (too bad for radiators too).

I wouldn't go buying new fans quite yet. Temperature probes of most types are sensitive to direct air contact, either unintentional cooling or the opposite. The air coming off your front intake radiator is going to be the same as the coolant passing through at that moment, or likely about the same as the GPU diode temp. There might be some idiosynchrasies with a SLI loop and I don't know if you are running GPU -> GPU-> Rad-> Rad or GPU->Rad->GPU->Rad. Either way, I would guess your coolant delta is going to run +6-8C for the combination and it does look like your exhaust temp is in the high 20s, which is of course quite good.

However, as you stream that into the case, that is the same air being pulled intot he top radiator. In effect, you are running your GPU waste heat through the CPU radiator and the heat transfers both ways. If you blow 30C air onto something for long enough, it will also become 30C (at least on the surface). Even in medium to large well ventilated case like mine, it is not uncommon to see a +3C difference between the top and bottom of the case. There is a lot of space in the top of the 1000D for that waste heat to linger. The top is going to be a bit warmer than the front regardless and there really isn't an easy fix for that.

As for solutions, there aren't any easy ones. I generally prefer my GPU radiator to exhaust no matter what and this is one of the reasons. I run a reverse flow from rear/bottom intake, top/front exhaust to accommodate the dual 280mm stand alone systems as exhaust. However, in that case I am not sure if changing the flow will work and it alters the appearance a bit. The case is big enough you try partitioning it with some type of clear plastic barrier to prevent the GPU waste heat coming off the front from getting to the top, but that is a fairly radical concept for something you don't actually need. I understand the desire to make things as efficient as possible and I perpetually visualize the same types of changes all to get an unnecessary 1-2C of case ambient back. In this case, it seems like a difficult or undesirable change. Even with the slight temp penalty to the CPU system, your temps are just the same as mine on a 280 AIO 8700K @ 5GHz/1.30v. You GPU temps are better. My Titan X(P) on a 280mm HW Labs system runs about +10-12C over ambient. You are still in excellent shape.

Archived